1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EBH installation in Northern VA?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by GreenGene, Aug 2, 2007.

1. GreenGene

GreenGene New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yesterday I ordered an engine block heater - see EBH thread

Related to that, Wayne (aka, FireEngineer) has started two threads - one for the West Coast and one for the East Coast - saying that he's willing to hit the road and help new EBH owners. He said:

I suspect it would be easier on Wayne if there were a number of Prius owners in one location who would like to take him up on his offer.

Comments??

2. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I have an EBH that I've had for a couple months that is currently sitting it the box on the floor of my living room. I haven't had the opportunity to attempt the installation myself. And I've kind of been holding off so that I would have an excuse to meet Wayne (and other fellow Prius-ers). But to your point, I would be up for a group installation "party," depending on the date, of course.

On a side note, I haven't had much time to stay current on PC lately, so if you need to get my attention, email or PM me. (This goes for anyone who might have been brave enough to read a post in this subforum.)

3. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Gene, we've had some discussion with Wayne about him visiting our next central VA meetup to, among other things, do EBH installs. We've discussed dates in the fall as possibilities. Willing to make a little drive southward?

Michael, it's probably about time we move forward with scheduling this. Can you call your contact at Haley to see if they want to host it again? I'll connect with Wayne and see what day works best for him, assuming it still suits him.

4. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm willing to join ya, as I also just purchased an EBH :)

Gonna need good directions so I don't get lost... Never really left my county :p

5. GreenGene

GreenGene New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Aug 2 2007, 09:21 PM) [snapback]489701[/snapback]</div>
    Absolutely I am willing to take a field trip. :)

With all the Priuses I see every day on 95, I would have expected this forum to have a lot more activity. But, if that's the reality, so be it - have Prius, will travel.

6. tekn0wledg

tekn0wledg New Member

I'd be interested in coming too guys. JimboK, as stated earlier I'm in the west end of Richmond, so I'm much closer to you than the NoVa folks.

I am purchasing an EBH this week, assuming there is any stock left from the group buy. I'd love to install it myself, but I am a bit weary of this.

If Wayne ends up out this way I'd like to consult him for an installation if possible.

7. GreenGene

GreenGene New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    In the main forum, earlier today Wayne posted (in part):

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ Aug 30 2007, 11:32 AM) [snapback]504311[/snapback]</div>
    Sign me up! Just this morning I wrote to the PriusChat Shop to check on my EBH order - I placed the order on Aug. 1st, my credit card was charged on Aug. 20th, but as of today, it hadn't shipped. I'll keep my fingers crossed ... and that's making this typing a lot harder! :)

If there are any PMs flying around about Wayne's visit to Virginia, I sure would appreciate being on the distribution list. Or maybe something could be posted here?

Many, many thanks.

8. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Gene,

Keep an eye on this thread for updates. That's where Jim and I will be posting the info.