1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

eBook Reader help

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Rae Vynn, Jul 12, 2010.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hmmm good question. i installed audiobooks on my droid. it plays audio of like 2800 books. mostly older stuff.

2. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Why would you even have the kindle app other that to use it for e-reading? You're in a better position to tell us than ask us. How does it work for you? (Honest question)

3. BigJay

BigJay reh reh REH reh Torture them!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's not a full featured e-reader, but I can scroll through the pages and read book, which I suppose is the point of it all. I also don't have to carry a second device around with me.

1 person likes this.
  4. Bica2go

Bica2go New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I use the kindle app on my ipod too. It does the job and I agree with BigJay it avoids having another device to carry around. I'm looking forward to going on vacation in a week and not bringing a stack of books with me. They're all loaded on the ipod.

My sister has an iphone4 and kindle. She says the kindle is a better reader, but the ability to go between the iphone and the kindle also comes in handy.

5. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    +1

I love using my Kindle in most situations - at home, on the plane, on vacation, etc. But using the iPhone app comes in handy when I'm out and unexpectedly get stuck with nothing to do - waiting for a movie to start at the theater, waiting at the doctor's office, etc.

The "whisper sync" they have going always ensures that i can pick up where i left off, regardless of which device I'm reading on. I just haven't found a way to reset the farthest page read in cases where I'm re-reading a favorite book.

6. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    1 person likes this.
  7. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a Palm Tungsten E2 and I wouldn't trade it for anything else. In addition to being able to download ebooks, I use it as my calendar, addresses, to-do's, business docs and memos, music, graphics, and much, much more. It's a lot pricier than the current ereader devices, but does so much more. The device's computer desktop app provides an excellent backup, plus easy keyboard updating. It's hotsync feature is very fast. I also like that it's compact, lightweight and fits easily into my pocket. The screen is not as big as some of the others. I've used Palm devices for the last 10 years and find the Palm operating system reliable, fast and efficient.

Sorry to sound like a commercial, but you asked.