1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ECM - LAST RESET OF DATE AND TIME?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Northeast2000, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Northeast2000

Northeast2000 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    How can one determine the last date and time of the rest of a Toyota Prius 2010 ECM?

Thanks

2. Brucetafer

Brucetafer Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    my autel 906TS reads ISO, CAN, and all the goodies I need including last clear of codes

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I've never even noticed in Techstream anything showing the date and time of the last code clear. I didn't think the ECM included a wall clock or calendar. How would one set the time and date on an ECM?

It does retain the elapsed time in minutes since the last DTC clear, and the miles traveled since the last DTC clear, and the number of warmup cycles since the last DTC clear.

4. Brucetafer

Brucetafer Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    yes you are correct,. after going over both the 2nd and 3rd gens it does do last dtc clear with date and time saved locally from device..

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying your Autel shows a date and time for the last DTC clear? Is it just reading the car's minutes-since-last-clear and subtracting that many minutes from whatever the Autel thinks the current date and time are?

6. Brucetafer

Brucetafer Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    its reading the car module with the last clear counter in minutes and miles. the autel also shows the date and time but that's saved on the estimate or invoice printout