1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ECO Accelerator Guidance bar minimization after take-off

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by srivenkat, Sep 5, 2020.

1. PiPLosAngeles

PiPLosAngeles Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    That's too close. You need to be far enough back that if they kick up a piece of rebar or a brick or something that it doesn't fly through your windshield. I'm not drafting, just using them as a blocker. People who don't know how to drive think the right lane is a passing lane and get very upset when they encounter people who know how to drive and are using the slow lane for going slow. Being behind a truck usually tempers their rage a bit.

Tips likes this.
  2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    One problem with following a truck on highway to increase mpg is that they always seem to be going much faster than 60mph. In fact, I don't think I will find any car going at 60 mph or blow on our highway that has 65-75mph speed limit.

3. PiPLosAngeles

PiPLosAngeles Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I guess it depends on the state. In California the speed limit for vehicles with a trailer is 55 mph in almost all places. Trailers are also legally limited to the right lane only, except to pass. Then they're only allowed in the lane adjacent to the right lane.

Salamander_King likes this.
  4. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Where "trailer" means anything from a two-wheeled 6' open box to a 18-wheeler tractor-trailer. If it's being towed, its a trailer.

5. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    there are ways for other drivers to trick the cars computers too. Safety Sense Dynamic Cruise is a glaring one.
    But is that really tricking the computers or just the driver?