1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ECO Dashboard explained, decoded, reverse engineered, and icon triggers revealed.

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base Articles Discussion' started by Chazz8, May 21, 2018.

1. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Let me just start by saying that Toyota snuck in better descriptions of the ECO Challenge Trophies that confirm my 5 years of decoding observations. Also, I need help nailing down the last three triggers. This is for Toyota vehicles with SOS feature that uses a built in cellphone that can call in data for the Entune ECO Dashboard that shows various icons triggered by reaching unknown driving related metric. Unknown until now...

The Sheep are triggered by MPG values of 120 and 140. This was the first trigger that I sniffed out of my observations.

MPG 120 = 1 Sheep -> MPG 140 = 2 Sheep

The farthest hill has 2 stages of coverings, bushes and trees, and is triggered by an Eco Score of 70 and 80 respectively. I could not get this trigger for the longest time, until I saw here on PriusChat that the Hill had a bushy covering in between the default grass and tree covering. Then the triggers popped out of the data.

Eco Score 70 = bushes on last hill -> Eco Score 80 = trees on last hill

The fruit tree white flower and orange icons are triggered by the percentile ranking for both MPG and Eco Score percentile above 40 and 20. Note, percentile number less than or equal to 40 and 20 on your way to TOP. To see your percentile ranking you must click/touch the Ranking Summery box for either category from the ECO Dashboard and note the current month percentile number on graph at top of page. The clue that got me thinking percentile was the in-app definition of ECO Warrior which mentioned maintaining 20th percentile in either Ranking or MPG. This is the only trigger that can activate both ways without driving your Prius. Depending on the other participants you can move into/out of percentile trigger numbers and your fruit tree will seem to have a mind of it’s own.

Eco Ranking for both MPG and Eco Score percentile 40 or above = white flowers in tree ->
    Eco Ranking for both MPG and Eco Score percentile 20 or above = oranges in tree.

I suspected that the Sun and Rainbow triggers were a sub-category of miles driven. But then as I was writing about each discovery, I saw how they were so closely tied to the ECO Challenge Trophies. Leading me to suspect that the Sun and Rainbow are tied to the Mobile Wizard trophy, which is triggered by viewing you ECO Dashboard repeatedly. I was able to trigger a lonely Sun on my son’s barren ECO Dashboard by accessing/refreshing the Dashboard 6 times in 5 hours. The Rainbow came the next day with 8 refreshes over 3.5 hours.
    NEED HELP:
    When the new month starts please write down date and times of accessing/refreshing the ECO Dashboard and be aware of family members that could log on and add data points to your experiment. Let’s see how long it takes PriusChat members to solve my 5+ year question of what exactly triggers the Sun and Rainbow.
    So, I’m guessing that Sun & Rainbow are triggered by accessing/refreshing the ECO Dashboard x times with an y minute timeout between accessing/refreshing counting.

I suspect that the Tulips to the right of the fruit tree are triggered by 4 consecutive months of finishing with 4 full trophies. The Tulips show up on the first day of the 5th month and also trigger ECO Status level SILVER and 2nd level of Eco Status Trophy.
    NEED HELP:
    Can you tigger just one Tulip and what exactly triggers each Tulip?

I suspect that ECO Status GOLD is impossible to obtain after 5+ years of efficient driving and trying. If Silver is 4 consecutive months of 4 trophies, then Gold should be 8 or 12 consecutive months of 4 full trophies.
    NEED HELP:
    How many months of 4 full trophies have you managed?
    What else could trigger ECO Status GOLD?

[​IMG]

#1 Chazz8, May 21, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2018
    RCO, Tideland Prius and benagi like this.
  2. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thank you for all that hard work.

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    No idea what that's all about, but sounds like a lot of work. (y)

My dash is like DOS 1.0. :oops:

RCO and HPrimeAdvanced like this.
  4. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    My experience shows Silver Trophy in a month after 80 or higher on your percentage in the previous month.
    I maintained over 80% for month of March, and received a Silver Trophy for the month of April. Throughout the month of March, I had also maintained a #1 position for the mileage, while in April I was no longer rated #1. In May, I fell back to Bronze Medal.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.
    AChoiredTaste.com

5. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I watched (and saved screenshots) my wife finish in top 20th percentile in both MPG and ECO Score for the first 4 months and the Bronze level stayed until first day in month 5. So, how many months of top 20th percentiles did you keep track of and how long did it take to get back to Silver level HPrimeAdvanced?

6. benagi

benagi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hello Chazz. It’s been awhile since we chatted. Probably when you got your 2012 v and I got mine. I gave my wife me v and purchased a Prime advanced back in Dec. 2017.
    Back to your observations, I finally received my silver medal at the beginning of the 5th month. I do enjoy playing the eco game and will try to add to your observations if I can.

huskers and HPrimeAdvanced like this.
  7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for sharing! Hopefully others can chime in.

8. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'm keeping at #1 in May (Le PrimeSnail) and am maintaining over 80% Eco, so I expect to get a Silver Trophy in June. Because of falling out of #1 in April, I have fallen back to Bronze in May. Chazz8, you know, but for others, it's previous month's performance that determines current month's Trophy, and you keep that trophy for the month regardless(?) of how you do in the current month. For me, the tulips both coincided with getting the Silver Trophy.
    P.S. At 5:55am PST, May 22, 2018, Entune/Eco Dashboard not accessible, Again!
    Same day, now 7:55am PST, Entune working again!

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.
    AChoiredTaste.com

#8 HPrimeAdvanced, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    benagi likes this.
  9. eustachio

eustachio Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  10. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    In picture below you can see the ECO Challenge box in lower right. In your Entune app click/touch that box to see ECO Challenge Trophies. and click/touch the trophies to show the Toyota provided information for each trophy.

Sun and Rainbow triggers are in red and have question mark at end because I need help with the exact number of logons and any timeout between logons. Also, can you get just one tulip?
    I could not edit first post to include picture but here it is;
    [​IMG]

#10 Chazz8, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
  11. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've added it for you

12. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Is all this going to be on the test?

13. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    My silver status and tulips both arrived together on the first day of the month at 3.5 months of driving. (3 months, 17 days)

First day driven 9-14-17, and Silver status and tulips arrived on 1-1-18.

This assumes that just because one driver can't obtain it that nobody else can either. Someone has to be first. I prefer to remain positive.

14. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I better unwatch this thread, you guys are speaking a completely foreign language, lol.

15. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Tulips? That's double Dutch to me also!

16. Mark57

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Just press the together and blow . . . .

Ooops, I was thinking of Lauren Bacall. Never mind.

17. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Who doesn't, from time to time?

HPrimeAdvanced and Mark57 like this.
  18. Mark57

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    For the non-Bogart movie people . . . . Just 56 seconds of your time.

HPrimeAdvanced and RCO like this.
  19. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Don't these cars have occupancy sensors in all the seats? Maybe it's just the front seats.

Either way, I would expect credit to be given for frequent full occupancy, or at least sharing the experience with one other if it only reads the front seats.

It would be laughably incomplete without that factored in somewhere, IMO.

#19 Leadfoot J. McCoalroller, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  20. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    So it took 20 (3+ min apart) refresh/updates of the ECO Dashboard to trigger the Sun and Rainbow. The Sun appeared after 11th refresh/update and the Rainbow appeared after 20th refresh/update. Now I get to update my trigger-key picture.

Raw data; refresh/update at 12:28, 12:32, 12:44, 12:49, 12:54, 12:59, 1:16, 1:20, 1:24, 1:27, 1:37 (Sun triggered), 1:50, 1:57, 2:01, 2:05, 2:13, 2:19, 2:27, 2:32, 2:37 (Rainbow triggered)