1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

eco dashboard login problem- entune

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by nick8627, Jan 2, 2017.

1. nick8627

nick8627 New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    i just got my prime advanced two days ago and i am loving it so far. It is my first prius. I am also new to the entune app, which i have been able to use after subscribing to safety connect. I am now able to use apps like charge management, charging station map, remote climate just fine, but everytime i try to access the eco dashboard it says my email/login is invalid and forces me to log back into entune again, only to see the eco dashboard not able to be accessed again. Would anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

On a slightly dofferent note, it asks me to set a 4 digit pin every new time i try to access charge management, charging station map, remote climate and eco dashboard. If i set a pin once, shouldnt it remember and not ask me to set it again next time?

Thanks for your help everyone.

Nick

1483367004558.png

1483367361783.png

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. Captmiddy

Captmiddy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Two things:
    1. I have the exact same issue and have a ticket open with Toyota Entune Support. They have it out to their networking guys and they are supposed to call me either today or tomorrow. Likely while I am in a meeting and will have to ignore them.
    2. If you do not go to the Eco Dashboard you will not have to set the pin every time. Call support and get them looking into your Eco Dashboard issue, then don't attempt to open it until they tell you it is either fixed or to try again. The issue is that the Eco Dashboard problem causes a logout to happen. Logging out of the app requires you to set a new pin each time you log in. This Pin is an extra protection against actions you can perform from outside your car versus the normal Entune applications which are used inside the car.

3. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That's really strange. My ECO dashboard works just fine. I don't have to log in/log out of Entune to use ECO dashboard. I do however have to log out/ log in if I want to use Climate Management. And occasionally Charge Management.:confused:

4. Captmiddy

Captmiddy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That is a different issue with it getting into a weird state and now allowing you into the charge management or climate management to do anything with them. I have yet to find charge management at all useful, I just get to see where my current state of charge is, not manage it, but maybe I need to look while it isn't plugged in and charging.

I am jealous that you have a working Eco Dashboard. Mine worked once since I got the car and even then it was odd because I had to be sitting inside the car for it to work. That hasn't worked again since that day. And the position of my phone should have had zero to do with it working.

priuscatprimeguy likes this.
  5. Uh-Oh

Uh-Oh Junior Member

So far my Entune experience has been terrible. One time I got the remote climate to work. One time. If I try to use Remote Climate I get the graphic spinning and then eventually it says it can't be activated and to check the vehicle display for more info. Charge Management takes a really long time to update and show the current state. Eco Dashboard works! yay. Anyone else? Am I doing something wrong?

Db17 likes this.
  6. priuscatprimeguy

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Did you log out then restart your phone then log back in before you tried Remote Climate? If not, try that. You have to do this every time you use remote climate. You also have to have the app open in front of you so when the app asks for your pin (does this three times during the ten minute warm up period)

7. Tesla1st

Tesla1st New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I had the same issue, Toyota had to provide me with new password, one that would allows the tech into app, so the they could see what the issue was. It took about 2-3 days for them to fix my access.

8. Captmiddy

Captmiddy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Try just changing the password on your Entune account and then log back in with the new password. For me I have been able to get into the tool now. I am leaving the password as is until Toyota gets back to me but since there was very little chance they got into the account in the 30 minutes between me changing it and testing it out, I have to wonder if perhaps there is an issue with the password for Entune needing to be set after the contract ID is added.

Ray Blue Feather and Buzzhead like this.
  9. Buzzhead

Buzzhead Non-Interference w/ devel of pre-Warp civs

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    This procedure worked just right for me. I had set up the Entune before getting the Safety Connect contract ID. All works like a champ now.

10. Bob Comer

Bob Comer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I had never got it to work before, but since it worked for you, I thought I'd try again, and wonder of wonders, I can now get into eco dashboard!

The thing I did different than all the other times, was I changed the password in the Entune app on my iPhone, rather than via my computer and logging in on the entune web site.

Buzzhead likes this.
  11. Buzzhead

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thanks for the tip, didn't know that would work, too. Turns out the ECO Dashboard sub-app doesn't like an "&" in the password. Also, you have to be successfully logged into the sub-app before changing your car's nickname to match your Priuschat username, or it will just stay the "Prime####" as originally assigned.

12. bps

bps Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The entire Entire experience feels like I'm back on iOS 6. It's pretty terrible and quite a disappointment. I'm not sure I would continue using it after my free trial is up, even if they offered to pay me.

13. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Where and How did you get your Contract ID? I called and got Safety Connect set up this morning. I then asked about the code needed for the Entune app and the representative was totally clueless. Since I was using my phone, I couldn't easily pull up the app to explain what I was talking about.

14. priuscatprimeguy

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Did you try the dealer?:cool:

15. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yeah. Dealer said it would probably be easiest if I just called myself. Said that in the past he just called Safety Connect, put the phone on speaker, and just let the customer talk to the representative.

Do they send anything in the physical mail?

16. priuscatprimeguy

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    nope, I just had the sales rep get on the phone with safety connect and she wrote down the code.

17. priuscatprimeguy

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I just looked on my phone, it's officially called "safety connect contract ID"

18. bps

bps Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hi Tony,

The easiest way is to get it over the phone from the Safety Connect folks. Unfortunately, you just had an untrained customer service representative on the phone. Just give them a call back and ask for your Contract ID so you can activate the Entune on your phone. I’d be surprised if you end up with another clueless representative. If you did, just ask to speak to someone else. I know the number is only a Google search away, but here it is for easy’s sake: 1-888-683-9505 Option 1.

Cheers,
    Bryan

19. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I just did exactly that and now everything seems to connect.
    Thanks, all!

bps, priuscatprimeguy and Mark57 like this.
  20. Buzzhead

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Sorry I'm late to the response. For people who don't like to call , login to your mytoyotaentune account (set up when you bought or called), select profile, my vehicle, download agreement and it's on the page.

TonyPSchaefer, bps and Mark57 like this.