1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

eco savings.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by billtsapp, Jan 20, 2015.

1. billtsapp

billtsapp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Can someone help me out. What mpg do i input for comparison? Should i be using previous tanks mpg?

2. Easy Rider 2

Easy Rider 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    My C does not have a place to input any previous MPG readings.
    It does ask you for the current price of gas at each fill.......to give you a "gee whiz" number for cost savings at the end of each trip.

[edit] Just remembered that there IS one place to input an MPG number for comparison purposes.
    Use it for whatever you please. It enters into that "savings" calculation for each trip along with the current gas price. Othewise, I think it does nothing.

I think it is intended to be used as a comparison with the previous vehicle that you owned.

3. billtsapp

billtsapp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Sounds good. I just bought a 2014 because the incentive and sale price were very good. Very excited at future gas savings and will compare to my corolla now. Thanks for reply.

4. dulcimoo

dulcimoo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Use the comparison to your old cars MPG or the other car you were considering. For Example an M1 Tank gets 0.6 MPG, but I think the smallest would be 1 MPG so that is what you could put in. I put in 25 MPG that my old XB was getting.