1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Eco-thugs trash D.C. resident's HUMMER

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Areometer, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Gareth Groves had his newly-acquired 2005 HUMMER H2 SUT on the road for just five days, and now it's out of commission. Groves lives in what a neighbor described to The Washington Post as "liberal leaning" community. That same person felt compelled to add that "It's ridiculous to be driving a HUMMER." Apparently, she's not the only one who felt that way.

Groves' lifted and accessorized H2 didn't fit in his garage, so he had to street-park it in front of the house he and his mother share. After being the recipient of dirty looks and snarky comments for days, a pair of masked men decided to up the ante. We're guessing that since neither the G8 nor the WTO were gathered to provide them with an excuse and venue for wanton property destruction, the duo decided to take out their frustrations on a vehicle that conflicted with their ideology. All the windows were worked over with baseball bats, most of the lights were taken out (police believe a machete was used for that) and all four tires were knifed. In a parting shot, the crew scratched "FOR THE ENVIRON" into the paintwork, showing that they either got scared off early, ran out of bodywork to write on, or are illiterate morons. Possibly all of the above. A blogger friend of mine summed up the incident perfectly, calling it a case of "sanctimonious vandalism."

[​IMG]

>> Read More

2. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Already discussed and the acts were loudly denounced as moronic and counterproductive.

3. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My apology for being repetitive. I should have used the Search feature a lil' better.

4. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Observation: The guy spent the dough for a new Hummer...but STILL LIVES WITH HIS MOTHER!?!

Priorities, dude, priorities.

5. formerVWdriver

formerVWdriver New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Jul 23 2007, 04:39 PM) [snapback]483727[/snapback]</div>
    How do we know his mother didn't live with him?

6. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(formerVWdriver @ Jul 24 2007, 03:31 PM) [snapback]484295[/snapback]</div>
    You're right...we don't!!

I stand corrected.