1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Eco vs. Pwr mode

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by FishHawk, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Regarding a second push of either ECO or PWR buttons to return to "normal", I don't think the manual explains this very well. I've been going through the manual fairly thoroughly in recent weeks: reading it on my daily train/bus commute. A common motivation for many of it's statements seems to be a** covering: many of the warnings are ludicrously obvious.

Meanwhile, questions that stump me draw a blank. Stuff like: if I push Auto on the Heating/Ventilating system, does Air Conditioning automatically run, or it will it stay off unless I expressly press the A/C button? And how exactly does H/V's Auto work, ie: if I push Auto, and then manually adjust fan speed, for instance, am I completely out of auto, or just the fan speed override, or??

2. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The A/C light will indicate whether A/C is on - I believe it's sticky, so when you press Auto, A/C will be on if it was on last time you turned on the climate control, or off if it was off last time.

If you manually adjust fan speed, the vent selection is still on auto. If you manually adjust the vent selection, the fan speed is still on auto.

1 person likes this.
  3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    macman's got it.

with regards to the A/C compressor in Auto mode, if the A/C light is on, then the A/C compressor will cycle as the determined by the system. If it's off, then you'll be running in Auto mode without the A/C compressor at all.

4. Truman

Truman New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    [​IMG]Since this thread is fuel economy, may I share something interesting with you all. The other day it was beautiful, sunshine, and temperature about 34 F. I decided I would take my car into the dealer and have a wash job on it. Starting out I was wondering if I could get there with the tripometer showing at least 60 mpg. I had it in Eco mode and was careful in my driving and 21 miles later I pulled into the lot at the dealer's and the car had 62.0 mpg on the trip-o-meter. Great, I just am looking forward to next summer when the warm weather is here.