1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ECU Calibrations

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by gothstone, Oct 28, 2019.

1. gothstone

gothstone Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So more progress has been made. Got in the new engine ECU. Didn't have time for more tests, just popped it in. Got it up and running, and force charged the battery pack for a while. Ran pretty bad and gave code P1128. Now it's refusing to start again. I know I (stupidly) adjusted the throttle body motor stop thinking it should be able to fully close, and other people can hear the whining noise too, so I just ordered one off ebay.
    I frequently get C1259 with our original HV control unit, so I'll probably switch back to the newer part number we got from eBay. WHile nothing is refusing to talk, I'm a bit concerned that with replaced battery ECU, HV Control ECU, and Engine ECU all donated from different cars, the software calibrations might be way off.
    So Q1 - Is it safe to update with a minivci instead of a Mongoose?
    Q2 - Does anyone know what the final calibration IDs were?
    Q3 - Anyone feel like PMing me those files? Paid my $20 once, hate to have to go back and pay another $65.
    Any other general thoughts on updating also welcome!