1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EET Article on the VOLT

Discussion in 'Chevrolet Volt' started by edthefox5, Jan 19, 2011.

1. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey Jimbo, thanks for the response. I did have a smiley, and really wasn't going to criticism your driving no matter what it was. I do like to have data points on who really has high mileage.

2. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    The weight of the clutch really will not degrade mileage considering this car. A fixed mechanical linkage would not increase the volts mpg versus a flexible one. These are locking clutches so they are not causing large losses.

I don't think there is any doubt that the phv prius will get higher mpg in cs mode. I would also get higher mileage if the universal gear was attached to mg2 the way it is in the volt, and if it had a clutch to detach the mechanical linkage to the engine and mg1 when in ev mode. I don't think range is a good test of mpg on phev. Real world gallons used on real trips by the owners is a better measure. The epa is including these for different length trips on the volt sticker. Hill do you really think EV range is not important to those buying phevs?