1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EGR Cooler Cleaning - PICS

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by ArmyChief, Apr 26, 2020.

1. ArmyChief

ArmyChief Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Well, keeping my threads separated between intake manifold and EGR cooler. Here is the EGR cooler after two days soaking in OxyClean & Purple Power. MANY times with the pressure washer both through the inlet and outlet sides. Then half a can of Easy-Off oven cleaner.

I would say I spent 3 minutes per pressure washer routine. Probably did that for a combined time of an hour !

LOT's of pressure washer cleaning (almost always would be clean and as I rotated around the tube..would then hit an obstruction and then BAM..black and chunks).

Wednesday i got to put it all back together and then move on to the next project.

BTW, as I stated in the other thread, I bought a NEW TOYOTA EGR Valve on eBay from Japan for about $150.

Attached Files:

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yeah thought that valve looked super clean. That's maybe a good one-two punch, oxi then pressure washer. Or the other way 'round. (y)

ArmyChief likes this.
  3. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Ah another data point for the pressure washer:).

Glad you got this sorted(y).

ArmyChief likes this.