1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

eHarmony failure

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by daniel, Jun 30, 2010.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I decided to give eHarmony a try after a friend told me she thought it was really better than the other sites. I spent half an hour or so filling out a very long and involved questionnaire as honestly as I could. When I was done, it told me (paraphrasing now, as I didn't save the actual screen) "We were unable to find any matches for you. This does not mean you are a bad person."

It didn't even try to talk me into becoming a member in the hopes that a match would turn up!

I'd probably be pretty depressed about that if I was not already depressed about my continued weight gain, and a little bit concerned because the doctor wants to poke holes in my eyes.

2. dr_d12

dr_d12 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Apparently it happens a lot:

Why eHarmony rejected you

I think you should get the t-shirt. It might get you some attention.
    [​IMG]

You can take solace in the company of other eharmony rejects.

4. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There are so many dating sites now, it's insane. eHarmony is NOT for everyone. Unless you fit the founder's concept of what a person should be like, it will reject you.

Hang in there.

5. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm guessing it's because you answered all the questions with "better than yours."

6. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Interesting! -- OTOH eHarmony was just about the only dating site I had not tried previously, and the only responses I get are from Russian con artists. (When a 62-year-old man gets a picture of a drop-dead gorgeous 20-something woman in Russia, and the only text is "I love you," you can pretty much figure it's a scam.)

7. BigJay

BigJay reh reh REH reh Torture them!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I feel for you Daniel, but your perfect woman is out there somewhere.

She's probably just smart enough to know not to look for you on eHarmony. :)

8. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Answer: Square Dancing

Most large cities have more than one square dance club and often one that is specific for singles. Usually the clubs are not interested in the unattached but you can always ask.

This will also address weight gain and fitness.

Bob Wilson

9. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Cataracts? The concept of eye surgery is quite frightening. But on the bright side, every one I know who had the procedure done in the U.S. by a reputable doctor is pleased with the outcome. One approach to the fear is to do one eye first and then the second one later. Invariably after the first eye has been done, the patient is highly motivated for the procedure on the second eye.

10. a_gray_prius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

+1000

FYI:
    My date with Mr. eHarmony - Salon.com

11. That_Prius_Car

That_Prius_Car Austin Kinser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Daniel, I just wanted to say that everyone has there own other out there. I bet your a great guy, and any girl would love to be with you! I personally think your awesome, and I love the cat on your avatar! Is that your cat?

12. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    She's probably smart enough to run the other way when her radar tells her I am closer than 178 miles away.

Nope. Narrow angle. Risk of glaucoma. They're going to poke a hole in each iris with a laser. Right eye this Friday, left eye the following Wednesday, and an exam with dilation (which they don't want to do before drilling the holes) to check for detached or otherwise damaged retina, which my nearsightedness predisposes me for, and which is what set this whole thing off.

I didn't realize they were such pompous a-holes.

This is serious silliness. LOTS of people do not have "their own other" out there. Matches are not decreed by god or a sentient spirit of the universe. They happen when two people decide they are mutually compatible, and they succeed when those two people make a commitment to it. But there are gobs of people who are so repulsive (i.e. they repel others, whether due to physical or emotional/relational/psychological issues) that they are never able to find a mutually compatible person.

Lots of other folks get themselves into relationships with people who are not compatible, and the results are unhappy.

All my friends insist I'd be a great match. All my female friends insist I'd be a great match for somebody else. The fact that none of them think I'd be a good match for them tells me that I'm one of the people who repel others. The fact that I am no uglier than the average man tells me that it's one (or several) of the psychological/relational issues.

I'm a nice guy. I'm considerate and respectful. I'm intelligent and have a sense of humor. I have all the qualities that many women (those not looking for a Christian, a cowboy, or a redneck) say they want. Too bad mine are not the qualities they really want. All the single women friends I've had (people who like me and say I'd be a good match) have declined to go out with me, and I've even been turned down by single Prius-Chatters.

But if you're interested, let me know. ;)

My cat died about 20 years ago. The cat in my avatar belongs (or belonged) to a Spanish pen pal, but my cat looked almost exactly like him. I travel too much now to keep an animal.

And just to prove that I'm not actually ugly, here's a picture of me, taken a couple of weeks ago.

Attached Files:

13. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Out here, it is a cousin of Squares called Contra Dancing. In Seattle, I don't know of any that are geared towards the already attached. In Spokane, start with the Spokane Folklore Society.

Daniel, if you are ever in Seattle during the Northwest Folklife Festival (Memorial weekend), you will find one stage and dance floor devoted to Contras and Cajun / Zydeko for nearly the entire weekend. And if that doesn't suit you, there is plenty of other music on many other stages. And plenty more unofficial performers off stage.

14. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    No such thing as love. Just get a companion animal to keep you company/entertained

Plenty of ho's out there. I have more than I can handle with the O-ho's (Office Ho's)

If that fails, there is always the book "Woman Really Do Love Bastards"

Women Really Do Love Bastards - Advice For Men

A single fellow at the office finally got sick and tired of rejection and ordered this book on a whim. He asked me to peek at a few sections and I said:

"Yep"

"Mmmm hmmmm"

"Oh yeah"

"Yep"

"For sure"

etc

15. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Out of curiosity, did you say you were non-religious or agnostic? I have never met anyone who was approved that said they were not part of the Christian/Catholic religions.

16. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I've bookmarked the site. I'll check it out. Thanks.

I answered all questions truthfully. Apparently they are not truthful, since they do not tell you up front that you have to be Christian to be accepted. I am an atheist, but the closest choice provided was something along the lines of "Not affiliated with any religion."

Pastafarian was not offered as a choice. :mad:

17. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Daniel,

Do you have any honest female friends who will answer *why* they refuse to date you ?

18. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I think 2k1 just nailed it. The option to check not affiliated just keeps eHarmony out of trouble. Daniel, it would seem you have to either 'convert' or find a site that is less discriminatory toward the non-religious.

19. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  20. a_gray_prius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A