1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

eHarmony failure

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by daniel, Jun 30, 2010.

1. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Unless it was on the beach in this area, where the price would then be in the millions.

Tom

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Check out home prices in Spokane. Seriously. It's a small enough city to be friendly; big enough to have great medical facilities and city amenities; and very low housing prices. Portland and Seattle are roughly a one-hour flight away, and the most beautiful place I've ever seen in my entire life (southeastern British Columbia) is just a few hours' drive away. (Nelson is about 3 1/2 hours, Revelstoke and Golden are each around 6 hours. Jasper is about 8 hours, which I do in two days, but can be done easily in a day if you have the stamina, which I used to have, but not any more.)

3. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. BigJay

BigJay reh reh REH reh Torture them!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "Only Dates Assholes"... Maybe that category should be "Batshit Crazy" instead though, because those of us who are assholes can attest to it.

Carla - hot girl who stalked me.
    Jen - hot model girl who tried to run me over with my own car. To be fair I actually was cheating on her.
    Monica - screaming bipolar babe, stabbed me with a fork.
    There's more, but those were the memorable ones.

5. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Theres a hit country song in there somewhere.

1 person likes this.
  6. octavia

octavia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I can't help but notice that YOU were the common denominator in all those situations.

Hmmmmmmm...........

1 person likes this.
  7. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'll bet you could substitute "boy" for "girl" in that chart and a lot of women would find it just as valid. But I've known exceptions. As well as girls who don't fit anywhere on the chart. Ana was as crazy as a jaybird, and she was smart, but not hot. She was nice to me, but generally mean to everyone else. Our own Octavia is hot, smart, and nice. Do you only date assholes, Octavia? A lot of people are nice to you if you're nice to them, so the "nice" category is subjective. Do you exclude a dog from being called nice if it bites you when you kick it?

8. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think that chart was created by an individual who does not consider himself an "donkey" and also doesn't get to date the small subset of women who can be classified within the small triangle depicted on the chart. Therefore he assumes that the desirable subset of women will only date assholes.

9. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Well, Octavia could be avoiding the intersection of the circles and thereby dates ugly annoying idiots.... :eek:

10. a_gray_prius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I present the male version:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. BigJay

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That or a Jerry Springer episode, the story of my life.

Who, me? I'm innocent!

Back on the topic of getting Daniel a date: have you ever spent time in Europe? The really smart and gorgeous girls there dig smart and and slightly geeky American men.

12. Rokeby

Rokeby Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Long before the current housing/credit mess, and even with two wage
    earners, buying a house/home based on just one of the salaries kept
    many of us from falling into the lender's ever escalating black hole of
    "affordable credit."

Forget what the lenders say they will lend you.
    Figure out what monthly payment of combined PITI (principal, interest,
    taxes, insurance) you can afford comfortably.
    Now, on what size loan is that the monthly payment?

It takes a lot of self-discipline and self-assuredness. All the other players
    in the real estate game want you to spend more. But if you stick resolutely
    to a conservative, what can I afford on a monthly basis plan, you'll be
    the one in charge of how you spend your money, not the leeches.

Best of luck to you.

3 people like this.
  13. a_gray_prius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

14. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I lived in Seville, Spain, for a year and a half. Andalucia (the southernmost autonomous region, of which Seville is the capital) boasts of having the most beautiful women and the most intelligent horses in the world. I know nothing about the horses, but the interbreeding of north Africans (the term "Moor" is derogatory) and Europeans produced some drop-dead gorgeous women, and Andalucia is where the Muslims remained longest in Spain.

But I didn't know anybody and didn't meet people. As noted elsewhere, I have a hard time making friends. I once attended a meeting of a start-up humanist group, in hopes of making friends. There were a couple of dozen people, more or less evenly divided between men and women. About half the men, and every single one of the women, chain-smoked throughout the entire meeting. I was so sick from the smoke that I never went back. Spaniards (at least when I was there, roughly 1999 to 2001) smoke constantly, and nearly everywhere.

I'd love to marry a woman from the region around Madrid. The Madrid accent in Spanish is to my ear the most beautiful Spanish there is, and even more pleasing to the ear than Carolina English (my second-favorite accent).

15. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have a friend who has 2 girlfriends in Colombia ,that he met online.
    Another friend has a girlfriend in Panama.
    Another moved to the Philippines after marrying.
    None of them are any more attractive than you are Daniel.
    The guy with 2 in Colombia is probably a lot less financially secure.

16. octavia

octavia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  17. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't know - I've met assholes who I thought were very stupid. My definition of "stupid" is a person who takes action counter to his/her own best interests.

I would not have expected this chart to originate from one of our Midwest posters, especially the characterization of the chart's prime position in the center...

Part of this self-discipline is to recognize that not every day is a sunny day, financially, especially over the past few years with layoffs left and right. So you need to maintain adequate financial reserves to cover your fixed expenses over the rainy days. This also means not overbuying a home when you are ready to commit.

18. BigJay

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know you must have been to France, what was your experience there?

I dated a french biochemist in college, she was gorgeous, brilliant, and absolutely amazing to hang around with. Surely you found at least one of those over there?

19. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I never visited France while living in Spain, though I did visit France in 1966 if I remember correctly. I found the french to be very unfriendly. I kind of wanted to visit Paris for the museums while I was living in Spain, but without speaking any French (my high-school French having evaporated) I was scared. I do not like going to a country where I do not speak the language. My mother and I had a very hard time finding our way around London. The idea of going to an equally-big, equally-confusing city, but where I do not speak the language, scared me off.

Anyway, for beauty the French cannot hold a candle to the Spanish. And at least the Spaniards will talk to you if you are not too pathologically shy to open your mouth.

20. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    one thing that i did notice VERY MUCH is that smoking is much more common in Europe than the US. i have a self imposed rule that i would not consider a relationship with a smoker (this has caused me considerable pain). being an ex-smoker, i have never had the urge to start smoking again, so temptation is not it. i guess at my age, i simply know too many people who have died from the habit to worry about starting that up again