1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ehhh what seat would solve my problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by terramir, Dec 7, 2015.

1. terramir

terramir Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Okies 2004 prius with navigation under the driver seat, honestly me being 6' 2.5" 189.5cm for you metric folk.
    #1 I almost hit the roof
    #2 need to slouch and put the seat all the way back
    #3 the rear view mirror totally obstructs my view on curved freeway off ramps/ connectors turning right.
    Could use a seat that would fit but be lower by a few inches.
    Anyone here got some hints, would help if the back was slightly thinner as well.
    terramir

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    volvo, bmw, recaro?

3. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    there is a thread about installing a height adjustable corolla seat base. it did look like a lot of work. but the result was very clean.

4. terramir

terramir Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Does anyone know a seat that would be plug and play, so to speak. Get seat dump driver seat. if I have to somehow modify the nav system bracket I am game ok just would like a little more visibility. So really I need at least 3 inches to drive as intended. Since I'm 6'2" and the seat is designed for 5'8" that is a 6" difference halved.
    terramir

5. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    any seat you find is gonna require some fabrication. other than that there are seat extender brackets which move the oe seat back several inches.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    unfortunately, i haven't seen plug n play, other than package v power seat with leather. but that won't change the shape, height or backward movement much.

7. terramir

terramir Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If anyone has somepictures of this seat removed / disassembled it would help tremendously I might fabricate a different dvd nav bracket and maybe buy some foam and see if I can create a seat cushion that us thinner.or maybe I can find a seat that is simular at the junk yard
    terramir

8. Jwservant

Jwservant Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    One
    VW seats 2000-2010 have very good adjustable seats research seat bolt configuration the seats will take you from the floor to the ceiling.I have numerous customers 6'8 that drive golf R and fit easily.