1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Eibach Springs

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by CraigB, Jun 7, 2013.

1. CraigB

CraigB Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Edit - Tein H Tech's installed:

Scratched the initial post. Since Eibach's didn't fit, the ones I ordered were for the regular Prius, I went with the Tein H Techs. Advertised 1.2 in the back and 1.4 in the front.

I had them installed on Friday and overall they are comfortable. A little softer than I expected which reminds me of the good 'ol days riding in my dad's Cadi and Lincoln; smooth and comfortable. Would like some more control over dampening, but for springs on stock shocks, not bad at all. Anything lower than this would be too low to cover normal roadways and parking lots. As is I have no issues clearing speed bumps, entering driveways, etc. Of course some of that is previous driving experience with lowered cars.

The setupfor now:
    • Springs - Tein H Tech
    • Shocks - Stock (approximately 12k on them now)
    • Wheels - 15" Toyota alloys
    Rear Under Carriage: DSC03476.JPG

Front (Car is on an incline):
    DSC03477.JPG

Front Wheel:
    DSC03478.JPG

Rear Wheel:
    DSC03479.JPG

Angel Shots:
    DSC03480.JPG
    DSC03481.JPG

2. X HCH2

X HCH2 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Maybe you mean .8" in the rear?
    X

3. CraigB

CraigB Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    My bad, thanks for the catch. Updated the post. ;)

4. bossC

bossC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Tuned in, let me know how it works when you recieved it and pictures!!! I just bought a used prius C yesterday and deciding what springs I should purchase. I had experince with eibach coilovers on my vw and its pretty good.

5. MGSF

MGSF Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Curious as well, what's the part # for the springs?

I'm assuming it's the Yaris Eibach Pro-Kits. If so, can anyone confirm if Yaris TRD springs = Prokits?

There's a member on here with TRDs:
    My Prius C mods so far... | PriusChat

6. CraigB

CraigB Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    82100140. I went to a couple of different suspension shops and both gave me the same number. Tire Rack also has the same number. do not know, we'll see what happens, lol.

7. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    There should be a lot of shock options available. But your stock shocks should provide some good service for a good amount of miles. But the quality of ride will degrade over time obviously.

I've had good experience with Tokico HTS shocks that I ran with Tanabe DF210 springs on another car.

8. CraigB

CraigB Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I received a call back from the shop. The Eibach Prokit (82100140) will not fit the Prius C. So the good news is that anyone who was thinking about Eibach and reading this thread will know that currently Eibach does not have springs specifically for our cars yet. It was a gamble, and good news is I'm not out any money and my guys at the shop are going to contact Tein to order some springs.

9. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    That's odd. I wonder what makes it not fit...

10. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Don't know. Garm sells them in his store... this is weird.

11. CraigB

CraigB Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    The part number he uses is 8293.140 for the Yaris/XD.

I used the one for the Prius (82100.140), which does not work. Doing a search on the internet there's a mix bag of yes/no that the Prius application would work on the C. The answer is no, it will not. LOL.

12. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    ah, that makes sense. I have actually never heard that they will, but I have heard that the Yaris will.

13. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Just to clarify what has already been said, yaris shocks/springs will fit. prius will not.

ztanos likes this.
  14. CraigB

CraigB Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Updates - Photos in first post on Tein H Tech's.

15. threesteps

threesteps New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm trying to decide which springs to go with right now. I'd like it to look slammed but glad to get some input like where you said these are about as low as is safe to get around real roads. The wheel gap on your car looks pretty good I have to say. The eibach yaris/xd sportline kit is even lower than the tein so I might have to get the tein kit. I haven't seen any pics of a car with eibach sportlines installed though and wish I could find some. Did you cut off part of the bump stop like the tein guys did to the prius c they used as a prototype car? I'm not a fan of the tanabe sagging rear end look so I've ruled those out.

16. CraigB

CraigB Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I'm a fan of the slammed look too. Been there done that on my last car and while I had an awsome setup on Stance coilovers, I had to avoid a good number of driveways/stores because my car was too low. At some point it becomes not so fun to drive.

I honestly don't know if the bump stops were cut, I forgot to ask. Since I'm not a suspension expert by any means I just have a genereal idea of comfort/height compared to the stock setup; I've had three vehicles lowered overall.

If you're looking for moar lower, you can look at H&R springs. I honestly think that any lower is going to tax the stock shocks/struts too much. Although they're rated to work with stock equipment, it's not always the case...nice selling point though, ha. And if you're looking for a flush look you'd need spacers with the stock wheels.

I have enough wheel gap to definately plus size the wheels. If you go for a slammed look with aftermarket wheels you'll either want to get the wheels first, or go with a setup of coilovers so you can adjust. My setup will allow me to fit 16's with no issues. I'm' driving it around for about a month to see if there's any settling and determine what I want. I'm going to be looking at new shocks/struts to see if there's anything with dampening adjustment...that's the one thing I really miss. Since I'm not planning on having to adjust height I passed on coilovers and didn't want to have to worry about one leaking and having to send it in for warranty work. With the right setup you can actually get shocks/springs that are comparable or better than coilovers. Never done it, so I'm being daring this go around.

17. threesteps

threesteps New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I am not clear on the relationship between lowering and wheel size. You say you have enough room to go to a 16. Isnt the tire diameter width and offset what will make it fit?

18. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Everything is a factor. Ride height, width, offset, tire size, etc

If they installed the springs correctly, they most likely trimmed the bump stops. Very typical install procedure.

19. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Threesteps, if you really want to slam your car low, go with coilovers. That way you can adjust the height and dampening.

20. CraigB

CraigB Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I'll have to leave that one to the experts. I would imagine that for those that want to be slammed and want the biggest baller wheels possible there'd have to be some height adjustments, fender rolling, camber adjustements, etc. to finagle fitment. For those of us that aren't into HellaFlush or Illest looks it's probably a non factor.