1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EL010 and other Maint Update - Wrong Part Confirmed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Tempus, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I was just in today getting my Center Console Lid replaced because of the fabric coming off, and I got them to check on the issue with the EL010 I had done (Fuel Computer and Filler Tube TSB).

As I've posted elsewhere, the TSB fixed the guage repeatability problem nicely, but I was still getting the same under-fills.

On comparing the service paperwork to the TSB I noted that the Filler Tube Part No. they listed was the old one, not the new one.

So, this time I had them confirm what they had actually installed. Indeed, wrong part. Someone else on one of the Yahoo Groups reported that their paperwork also showed the wrong part. I lost the bubble on who that was so I don't know how that turned out.

They've ordered me a new filler tube, and I also had them order the LSC-40J DVD. I'll get them both put in at my next regular service, and report back on any improvement.

While I was at it, I took the Service Writer out and showed him my distorting brake light baffles. I told him that since there was a recall coming on the brake light switches, we'd take care of both of those at the same time.

He just shook his head. They don't have word of the brake light switch recall yet, but they've given up on trying to figure out why I'm often one step ahead of them.

This site is great for building credibility with the Service Department :) I think that's why they didn't bat an eye when I told them they put the wrong part in. Saves lots of potential hassle if they just take your word for it.

But, if you are still having under-fill problems after the TSB, I'd recommend checking the part on the paperwork. I'm betting my guys aren't the only ones that have done this.