1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Electric Cars for sale at my local Ford dealer.

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Rybold, Jan 1, 2009.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i looked at others with the cloth doors and they simply were very rough riding, much louder (the Zenn is NOT quiet), etc... the interior of the Zenn is very much like any low end vehicle,

i have AM/FM CD, heat, remote power door locks, etc..

only thing i dont have is remote gas door control....

2. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    DaveinOlyWA, I understand exactly what you are saying. When I was a kid, I used to ride my bicycle everywhere. I knew that I had to lookout for myself, because if I didn't, I could end up dead. This has carried over to my driving. I'm "a driver" and I'm constantly watching out for others and avoiding accidents. (THERE ARE SOME D*** STUPID PEOPLE OUT THERE!!!! Like when they see me coming up in their mirrors, going 99mph and they actually move into my lane - IS IT A DEATH WISH THEY HAVE OR SOMETHING?????) I can proudly say that I have been in zero accidents, avoided hundreds, and once stomped on my accelerator and swerved to get out of the way of a distacted driver who ran into the car that had been in front of me. I see distracted drivers every single day, and it's out right SCARY!!!! No wonder there are hundreds of accidents nation-wide every day. Good gollie!!! When I drive the freeways these days, it's like dodgeball ! Spot the distracted drivers ahead of time and keep your distance.

blamy, I would probably feel safer in a golf cart because at least people will see me from a distance and use extra caution because they are aware of the extra vulnerability. With the Zenn, it's a false sense of security.

(Again, I don't want to talk negative on what Zenn is trying to do. I just think they need to make sure everyone knows it's a low-speed vehicle. Perhaps a large sticker on the window that says "Golf Cart Low Speed." would help) Does anyone know how much each Smart Car F1-style cage costs Mercedes? Maybe Zenn can purchase the cages from Mercedes.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well they definitely are not for everyone thats for sure, but there are "supposed" be better options coming down the road...

with greater speed will come greater safety measures. i would love to see intercity congestion restricted to little run abouts where the Zenn would be one of the largest vehicles amongst bikes, golfcarts and segways... after all, in many cases the 35 mph top speed of the Zenn is wasted at speeds averaging 15 mph..

i think its a foregone conclusion that something drastic has to take place and the only real question is not really what will change, but when it will change and how fast. going to pollutionless transportation options (at least ones that dont pollute at the point of origin) and renewable energy options has to happen. the only question is how much time can we continue to put it off or advance at sidestepping pace we are moving at now.???