1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Electric Range

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Fuel Economy & Prime EV Range' started by allopatry, Dec 29, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Is this for driving over 55 mph? I regularly get 6.3 mi/kWh or higher with my Gen 4 in the city, and even on the freeway, I get about 6 mi/kWh if I can keep at 55 mph (57 mph on the speedometer).

2. Zeromus

Zeromus Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    Yeah it has mixed freeway driving and a fair amount of 80km/h to get there. Some of it is also, on the way home, almost stop and go (40 or 50 kmh, then almost stop but not quite, then back up etc). So that's not exactly super efficient.

Gokhan likes this.
  3. reallyreal

reallyreal Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    If you do a short trip and stay a bit with the car on while in park the kWh/100km readout gets higher, so in theory it should also account for the AC and any other electric load.

Zeromus likes this.
  4. Will B

Will B Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Just to add data points, I'm up to a predicted 45miles on a full battery charge for my PPPXP (Pretty Prius Prime [XSE Premium]), so at least catching up to what is claimed for the HEV. That's with being mindful but not obsessive about driving efficiently. I still get the urge and have a little fun every once in a while! :)

will

HacksawMark likes this.
  5. Will B

Will B Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Ah, back to summer driving ranges again! I got an honest (no altitude offsets) 50.3 miles using 99% of my battery. So, nothing but round trips. That was without even being obsessive about efficiency until the last 5 miles or so, hoping to finish my last errand before the battery drained. It even included about 10-15 miles of highway driving. Pretty soon it will go back down a bit as AC will be required, but nice to see great numbers in this ideal time. This is even with the XSE Premium with its "Pretty over efficient" tires!

will

6. flim

flim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    What size tires do you have?

The difference between the EV range on the car display and the app is due to rounding. I get 54 EV miles but it's probably 53.5 EV miles or less since it doesn't take much distance like 0.2-0.3 miles to drop down to 53 EV miles.

My Toyota app also stopped reporting the charging data, history, EV miles and hybrid miles. The old data still on the app was from May 8th and hasn't been updated.

#46 flim, Jun 22, 2024 at 2:39 AM
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2024 at 11:23 AM
  7. Agent337

Agent337 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    I have the Prime SE with the stock 17” wheels. My tires are the Bridgestone Ecopa. Did you figure out why your Toyota App stopped recording data? Any chance your 1 year free trial is up?

We’re city neighbors! I’m over in Costa Mesa.

8. flim

flim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    I have the 19 in wheels, with that I’m sure I can’t get up to your impressive 57 EV miles or higher! I have my car for over a year now and all subscriptions have expired BUT I wasn't aware that the charging data was part of the subscription. My charging data stopped updating at exactly one year from date of purchase or activation.

See you around town or on the 405 freeway. What color is your Prius Prime?

9. Agent337

Agent337 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    Yeah, I was afraid of that... my "free" trial is up in about 3 weeks (bought the car in mid July 2023). To me, the app works "ok", but not enough to justify the $15/$18? a month subscription. On the app, can you still set charging schedules or is that now behind the dreaded paywall?

I have the Windchill Pearl with all around tinted windows with the hubcaps popped off to show those "beefy" 17" alloy wheels :LOL:

Yeah see you on the 405 or crusin' PCH along all the Lambos, Porches and McLarens this time of year (y)

flim likes this.
  10. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Does the Prius Prime not have a path to setting a charging schedule from the dash display, independent of any mobile app?

On my RAV4 Prime, the few times I've charged by schedule have all been set on the dashboard display via steering wheel buttons.

11. Agent337

Agent337 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    Yes Gen 5 Prime owners are able set charging schedules via the multimedia touchscreen display.

fuzzy1 likes this.
  12. Zeromus

Zeromus Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    It is of course, far less convenient by design I am sure.

I'm lucky that the remote connect feature is 3 year trial here in Canada :) Makes setting the temperature and remote starting the car much easier.

I kinda wish however that you could authorize two accounts to have access to the car, rather than just one. Since my wife and I share the car, it would be nice to have 2 connections (kinda like how you have 2 keys...) but I can have my account signed in on her phone and i think it works just fine, so far anyway. Just a bit of a hassle to have to do that kind of workaround is all :/

13. flim

flim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Yes,with the 2023 Prius Prime you can set the charging schedule from the dash display as well.

I used the mobile app and set the schedule to start charging at 5am.

If I need to charge immediately, I just turned off the schedule from the app and after a recent update, I can’t seem to find the OFF switch anymore?

#53 flim, Jun 25, 2024 at 7:01 PM
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2024 at 7:28 PM
  14. flim

flim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    I can still set the charging schedule & what froze was my history which stopped updating since last May 7th and my app won’t update my charging info.

The.charging info is not part of the connected services and should work past the 1 year anniversary. Tech support from Toyota told me that signing in and out of the app, replacing my ECM steering wheel unit recently should've corrected the communication from the car to the app.

He suggested I bring the car in and I scheduled a diagnostic appointment this Thursday to have my car checked again.

The charge info below never updated since last May.
    upload_2024-6-25_16-13-58.png

#54 flim, Jun 25, 2024 at 7:15 PM
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2024 at 12:57 AM
    Agent337 likes this.
  15. flim

flim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    When I got the car last year, we setup 2 accounts with separate phone numbers.and we were able to use the digital key with each phone.

#55 flim, Jun 25, 2024 at 7:26 PM
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2024 at 7:50 PM
  16. Agent337

Agent337 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    Thanks for the info, continued access to the charging schedule is definitely a plus.

flim likes this.
  17. Zeromus

Zeromus Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    For whatever reason, when go to pair the app with the car, it won't allow me to pair more than one car. Maybe I am doing something wrong, I'll need to set aside time to just sit and figure it out. Its specifically the remote connect app. :/

18. flim

flim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    I just confirmed after a 2nd call to Toyota Connect services that charging management is under Remote Connect and requires a subscription. See info below.

upload_2024-6-26_11-4-48.png

Agent337 likes this.
  19. Agent337

Agent337 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    Ah bummer, thought that was too good to be true. Need to get reacquainted with the charging schedule from within the multimedia display, won't be too bad and definitely worth saving the $15/month for me at least. Thanks for the update, appreciate it!