1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Electric Recharge Mower 27" only $2100. Riding Mower 3hr batt

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by timtim2008, May 18, 2011.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes, but i'm not handy with these things. how would i know what the correct batteries are and where would i buy them?

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    First find the Ah of the batteries you have. Wouldn't hurt to look for the manufacture of the battery too. Do some searching to find what the terminals are called and see if you can buy some generics somewhere. I can help you out on searching if you can give me the Ah and the battery manufacture / model number if the batteries have them.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i can't find anything on the batteries or the website. i wonder if they are trying to keep people from sourcing elsewhere? if they can sell new batteries every few years, it's a pretty sweet deal. plus, you have to recycle the old ones yourself. what really bothers me is that i've had a b&d for ten years with no noticable loss of power.

4. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If your rally wanting to get into this can you take some pictures of the terminals and any writing on the battery?

Is there a sticker on the battery or is every thing printed on? The reason I ask is that if there is a sticker the information we need would be behind the sticker printed on the battery. I've seen this a few times from manufactures to hide the battery info.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    no stickers and nothing to take a picture of. i could measure the diameter of the posts and the distance from center to center. a replacement would have to be exactly the same because the batteries fit into a holder and clip into spring loaded connectors. no wiring or clamps.

*update* if you go to 'dailyhomerenotips.com' they have reviewed the mower each year and if you click on 'solaris electric lawn mower review: three years later' you will see a very disappointed reviewer who had the same problem as me and a bunch of comments from people who also had the same problem. also there is a great pic of the mower and battery setup. you can see that their battery says 20ah. mine does not.

6. PriusSport

PriusSport senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Electric golf carts have been on golf courses for years. Make that decades. Why not electric mowers?
    Getting close, now, with some of the new li ion battery mowers, but why has this technology lagged behind golf carts?

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i have a yamaha electric golf cart that i use as a work vehicle all over my yard. of course, it is designed for 18+ holes of golf and i use it all summer on one charge. the thing just goes forever!ryobi has a new self propelled mower out this year that looks pretty cool and they have a lot of battery experience. but after dropping 400 big ones on this bag o donuts, i'm not taking another flyer. i won't buy one unless it has a lifetime guarantee.

8. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    All the pictures I can find of the batteries it looks like they have a big sticker on them. Are yours different?

[​IMG]