1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Electric Vans from German Postal Carrier

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Apr 18, 2017.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Source: German Postal Carrier May Enter Commercial Electric Van Business

[​IMG]

Deutsche Post DHL Group has 2,500 Streetscooter electric delivery vans in its fleet. The company will be doubling its current annual production level to 4,000 by the end of the year.

Part of that production output can be sold to external fleet customers at a price of 32,000 euros ($34,000), according to Automotive News.

The company is now considering launching a second assembly plant that could increase annual production to 20,000 a year.

Deutsche Post DHL bought Streetscooter in 2014 and planned initially to build 2,000 electric vans a year. Steetscooter also offers electric work trucks and delivery scooters.

Volkswagen Group CEO Matthias Mueller said he was “annoyed beyond measure” that the postal group didn’t reach out to VW’s commercial vehicles unit before deciding to work with Streetscooter.
    . . .

VW, you snooze, you lose. I'm only wondering when FedEx decides to expand their fleet.

Bob Wilson

Ashlem likes this.
  2. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    More likely, FedEx competitor, DHL. See the flag on that building?
    The name Deutsche Post DHL makes me think DHL owns this.