1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

electronic key-cell phone Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon)

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Joe Fisher, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Joe Fisher

Joe Fisher Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I just bought a 2015 Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon), pkg 2 last night I downloaded the pdf manual, am reading it now.
    I came across these line .."To avoid serious deterioration, do not leave the electronic key within 3 ft. (1 m) of the following electrical appliances that produce a magnetic field: • TVs • Personal computers • Cellular phones,..."

I carry my cell phone in a cargo pocket. It's seperate from everything else, but it's close to the key than 3 ft. Is that really something to be concerned about?

Joe

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi @Joe Fisher - first of all, it's time to update your vehicle info in your profile :)

Second, that just means that a cell phone can block the signal. I carry my cell and my key fob in the same pocket and have noticed that sometimes the phone has to be shifted around in my pocket, otherwise it blocks the fob from allowing me to lock/unlock the car.

3. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I carry them in pockets on opposite sides of my body and have never noticed any issues.

4. Joe Fisher

Joe Fisher Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    TY

TY

#4 Joe Fisher, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2015