1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Eliica Eight-Wheeled Electric Car: Heading To Production Because The Tesla Isn't Fast Enough

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Steve321, Dec 30, 2008.

1. ken1784

ken1784 SuperMID designer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are some descriptions on their web site.
    Going to [technology] -> [tandem wheel suspension] ...

1. Each wheels are smaller, the wheel houses are smaller, then the cabin space can be larger.

2. The ride comfort can be improved, because the vibration from road surface will be received by many wheels and dispersed to many wheels.

3. The cornering speed can be improved, because the vehicle load will be dispersed to many wheels and the load holding will be improved. This contributes improving safety on a slippery road surface.

Ken@Japan

2. Steve321

Steve321 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm sure glad rube goldberg is alive and well. I'm sure glad this 'thing' keeps getting talked about (it HAS been years, I believe, since it first reard it's hoaky head on the web). I'm sure glad people believe it's production is just around the corder (both of 'em). And best of all, I'm glad the thread keeps getting bumped :pound:

4. ronhowell

ronhowell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Notice they say nothing about it's range. Why? Because 80HP at each of the eight wheels that monster will suck electrical energy so fast out of whatever batteries they have in a matter of seconds. So maybe 1 mile, perhaps 2 on a straightaway!

Plus the batteries only store the energy, they don't create it. Has to come from somewhere.

Any idea what that thing weighs, complete with batteries?

5. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    It says range is "around 200 miles". True or not, who knows??