1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ELM 327 device for Torque App

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by iskoos, Sep 3, 2019.

1. iskoos

iskoos Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just a quick update for those who following this thread.
    I got the Panlong mini OBDII Bluetooth device and started using it. It works for both Torque and Dr. Prius apps. Thanks to the great advices from PriusChat members like you that I picked a unit that works for both apps:)

So far I only have the free version of both apps. I will see if there will be a need to buy the paid versions.

So far the device connects to both apps. From my one day experience, it seems it connects to the Torque app quicker than the Dr. Prius app. Last night while driving, I switched between apps to get data from each. I was using Dr. Prius. Switched to Torque and the switch was almost seamless. Then wanted to go back to Dr. Prius and it didn't connect till I shut down and restarted the vehicle. It connected after that point.

And I see a bit of delay for the data to reach to Torque app. Maybe about a half a second. For Dr. Prius I cannot say this much but I am sure there is some delay there as well.

I will be using this device currently and will most likely to get a wifi device down the road...

Johnny Cakes likes this.
  2. MooseMunchCT

MooseMunchCT New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Does anyone know if the Innova Quicklink adapter from AUTOZONE will work with the Dr. Prius app? I am picking up a used 2012 Prius C tomorrow and would like to know the health of the battery before I sign on the dotted line. Amazon cannot deliver it in time.

It's a 1-Owner with a FANTASTIC service history (bought and serviced at the same Toyota dealership every 5k miles and performing all required and recommended services).

HOWEVER, I'm concerned that since the Summer of 2020 (pandemic) it has only been driven occasionally and that may not be good for the hybrid battery.

3. orfi

orfi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Touring
    Good prices and tested item
    .ali. /item/1005005955683883

Good luck