1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Email From Toyota Dealer about Waiting

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ptpiz, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Ptpiz

Ptpiz New Member

Hey everyone.. This is an email I just got from my local toyota dealer about the prius...

"THIS EMAIL IS FOR ALL OF THE CUSTOMERS THAT HAVE SENT OUT EMAILS IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS FOR INFORMATION ON THE 2004 TOYOTA PRIUS. AT THIS TIME THE EXPECTED WAIT TIME IF YOU COME IN AND ORDER A VEHICLE IS 3-4 MONTHS AND THE WAIT IS EXPECTED TO INCREASE OVER THE NEXT 6-12 MONTHS SO WAITING TIME WILL ONLY INCREASE IN THE NEAR FUTURE. IF YOU ARE SERIOUSLY INTERESTED CONTACT ME BY PHONE ONLY 954 421-4000 TO DISCUSS IT IN MORE DETAIL."

2. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Given what I've discovered, this dealer is farting at the moon. He likely has no idea when his next Prius will be on the lot, let alone how long it will take a new order to get processed. Toyota has upped the production numbers once already and are likely to do so again, according to the Toyota of America website. In all likelihood, the production increase will shorten the wait, not increase it, even if we end up into the 2005 model year.
    Bob

3. hoferchr

hoferchr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    This is the direct quote from the Toyota Prius website:

- - - - -
    If you are in the market for a new 2004 Prius, we appreciate your patience. There is currently a waiting list at many dealerships across the country. Since the vehicle launched in October of 2003, there has been an extremely high demand for the 2004 Prius with Hybrid Synergy Drive. We are increasing production of the Prius and plan to be able to respond to this great demand during the spring. We'd like to thank you for your patience. For more information about the Prius inventory situation in your area, please visit your local dealer.
    - - - - -

Chris

4. Dianne

Dianne New Member

They forgot the last line!

..."and, if you are holding your breath for us to send more cars, you'd better look good in blue!!!!"