1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Emblem removal on 2010

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by wave_slider, Jun 19, 2009.

1. wave_slider

wave_slider New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I like to remove the emblems from my vehicles and was wondering if anyone has tried to remove the hybrid and prius emblems yet. Most times they are stuck on and don't have holes, but it would be a bummer if I took one off and found holes. :Cry:

2. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The larger badges probably have alignment holes. The 2nd-gen ones
    certainly do.
    _H*

3. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    WOW, what a shame. I removed all of my 2005's emblems which were taped on and left those that were pinned. Were I serious enough to have to remove the Toyota ovals, (not) the car would go to a real body shop for expert removal and repaint so it looked factory instead of shade-tree. (Sorry)

4. wave_slider

wave_slider New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks for the link Hobbit. I figured the big one's had some sort of holes. I don't think the hybrid synergy and Prius emblems have them. Just wanted to make sure before I make a mistake. I love the smooth lines of a car with no emblems.

5. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My guess is the only ones that have holes are the front & rear Toyota logos. The Prius and hybrid synergy drive on the hatch, and hybrid on either side of the front fenders, and more than likely stuck on.

Take some dental floss and wedge it between the emblems and sheet metal, and you'll know right awat if they're glued on.

6. wave_slider

wave_slider New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm going to go for it as soon as I get my car. I know the earlier you take it off, the easier it is to remove. I'll keep you guys posted, but it's at least 2-3 weeks away. :whistle:

7. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    This topic has been discussed ad nauseam on another thread - you may search. BUT - the front & rear do have holes and secured on with spring clips.
    I have a red V - thought I would HATE the blue ovals. After a week, I don't even notice them - really. And I tend to be quite 'picky'. Right now, my feelings are if this will be the standard emblems for their Hybrids, so be it. I may change my mind when I get bored however...