1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EMERGENCY - son stranded - all lights, RTOD, flaky

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ironandsteel, Jun 15, 2024 at 12:22 PM.

1. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    That's all the possibility maybe it's broken down and causing an electrical problem inside the tranny or it's been replaced with the wrong fluid and it's now just starting to rear it's ugly head I don't know. I would check to see if there's a subcode for the 3102 looking in the freeze frame data or whatever If there is get it and then we need to see what all that business is about usually is three digits you know like 325 or 697 or 611 some kind of stuff like that and that leads you at least somewhat out of the darkness I guess but yeah generally transmission problems are not too good I don't know if that's transmission that's just transmission ECU or something so maybe it's just miscommunication because of faulty 12 volt or Mary ads of other things We do know we have very good 12 volt on this vehicle they're no issues there It can stand 5 or 10 minutes being on without plummeting into the toilet voltage wise?

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    AFAIK Dr. Prius is blind to all Cxxxx codes (and a bunch of others too).

Chances are those chassis codes are not all simultaneously active.

There isn't a code for an exhaust leak, but depending on where it is it could create circumstances that would cause you could pick up emissions-related errors like the P0420.

3. ironandsteel

ironandsteel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yesterday I installed a new DieHard battery in the car. Today, I am seeing several icons (that I don't recall seeing yesterday).' I have ABS, the car with swervy lines, ((!)), CEL, maint req'd.
    I got techstream running and hooked up. I did a health check- and I have not yet gotten it to tell me any codes. It shows a table of results in red, but I click on one and it doesn't show codes. I clicked the clear all codes button, and it confirmed that I wanted to clear and I did- but I still have the icons. I need to learn this thing.