1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Enable Traction control

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Princedunet, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Princedunet

Princedunet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    III
    Hi guys,
    I baught a 3rd Gen Prius 2012, I found that the Traction Control is already disabled, (the light is on in the led panel in the dashboard) and I want to turn it on for safety, I live in region with regular temperature and it never snow. So how to turn it on again. Thanks in advance

#1 Princedunet, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  2. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    In a "normal" Prius, there is no designed-in way to disable the Traction Control. It is always enabled and not operator selectable. You will need to have the system inspected by a qualified mechanic. Hopefully, it is only a fuse/circuit breaker?

3. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    It may be a damaged wheel rotation sensor. If a mechanic is not careful they can rip the cable out of the sensor.

4. Princedunet

Princedunet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    III
    U dont know realy. The previous owner said that he doesnt know about that. Maybe I have to check a mechanic for a diagnostic to determinate the probleme

5. Aristides Restituyo Jr

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have the same issue with my 2010. After replacing a blown fuse in the cabin fuse box, the light came on constantly, cannot detect any codes and will not reset. How do I get rid of the light?

6. Aristides Restituyo Jr

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can anyone help me with this? I’ve checked every possible fuse and nothing found

7. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Reading the diagnostic codes with Techstream is the simplest way to find out what the issue is, if you have it.

If you do not have it, counting the blink codes after jumpering the Tc and CG terminals will be the next easiest way, and only requires a short piece of wire.

-Chap

8. jabassmaster

jabassmaster New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    chap I assume you are referring to pins 4 and 13. what do I look at to count the blinks??

9. Sporin

Sporin Prius Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yeah, chances are it's indicating a fault, not that the TC was purposely disabled. Best to get it checked out and see what's up.

10. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    When you turn the car ON with those pins jumpered, many lights on the dash will start blinking. Traction control is a function of the "skid ECU", which is responsible for the ABS light, the brake or ((!)) light, and the VSC or swervy-car light, so watch all three of those. Be sure to make note of which light blinked which codes, because they are on different lists in the repair manual and mean different things.

Other lights on the dash, associated with other ECUs, will also blink. Any steady fast blink just means that ECU hasn't got anything to complain about. Otherwise, you can write those codes down too. They won't be related to the traction control, but might be of interest anyway.

-Chap