1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Energy Monitor Burning in !!!???

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by patandrich, Sep 27, 2009.

1. p626808

p626808 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have noticed it on mine as well.. have 14K miles..
    I keep mine on the HSI most of the time, just recently I have been switching to other screens and have noticed weird colors, like a red tint, on some of the other screens and some burn in effects. we will see if it worsens with time.

1 person likes this.
  2. Flaninacupboard

Flaninacupboard Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Humax 9200T by any chance? mine does the exact same thing,

VFD was a poor choice for the MFD, i would have preferred they kept LCD, not convinced the VFD would even be that much cheaper... :(

3. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    VFD's are otherwise well proven and don't have nasty mercury back-lights to deal with (though LED back-lighting has come a long way and is becoming the norm in most other consumer devices).

My observation isn't so much that this is burn-in, but rather the opposite where the more-often-used VFD cells are brighter than those that are used less frequently. This is especially obvious if you use the HSI screen 99% of the time, then scroll through to 1/5 min consumption or past trip records. Running reduced intensity (headlights on, interior light rheostat not on daytime mode) makes it more apparent.

4. marcovi

marcovi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Ohh Yes! Finally after 12,000K I can definetely see MFD burned in pretty bad I just noticed last night! More problems! Annoying. I am going to dealearship to see what they have to say. It seems it gets worse by time.