1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

energy monitor display on nav system

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by hyhi, Aug 7, 2010.

1. hyhi

hyhi Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Have just the IV model without nav, used. Friend has a II or III series with nav. I would have thought one could see that energy monitor display on the nav screen (the one of the side veiw of the prius with the arrows going back and forth on the screen) but I could not locate it on his nav.

If one cannot view it there then that just seems plain wrong in my book. part of the fun, to me, is to see multiple displays of what is happening with the car all the time. like maybe the puris side view display on the nav screen and the engergy mode bar on the little dash screen.

So did I just not see it and one can view it on the nav? Guess if that is not an option to view it on the nav then I only have to feel bad about paying too much for my used 2010 IV and not having a sunroof since the a big reason for the nav for me would be using the engergy settings on that larger screen.

Anyway, don't think I would have enjoyed those bigger tires just to get a sunroof on a IV in my book. My IV rides firm enough without one tossing bigger tires on her I feel.

Also, no chance in heck one can change those dumb red arrows to white ones is there? I realize the reason they did it but one can still sort it all out if they were all white in color. They are impossible to see with sun glasses on...what they don't use sunglasses in japan when they test these layouts?

2. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Huh? You're all over the place in the thread!

No, the NAVI does not display the energy flow...the 2nd gen Prius did i believe. On the 2010 models, you can see the energy flow on the dash HSD monitor.

The big thing about the NAVI are much more than you think...like USB connection to IPOD, rearview camera, etc..

Prius IV with or without sunroof comes with 15" rims. You only get the 17" rims with the Prius V...and Prius V does NOT come with sunroof.

3. hyhi

hyhi Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    yes usb, ipod, review would be nice to have but too bad they did not offer energy flow on navi as well.
    thanks

4. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    why do you need it on the NAVI when the dash is telling you the same thing?

1 person likes this.
  5. Colonel Ronson

Colonel Ronson New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I think its better the energy monitor is not on a navi screen but on the dash. It is less distracting and your eyes won't have to veer off the road monitoring your energy. Its all safety.