1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Engine always running

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by flamebird, Jan 17, 2013.

1. PFlat

PFlat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    This thread saved me! Same problem: ICE wouldn't turn off ever. Not while stopped, not under 40mph (Prius C), etc etc. Very frustrating. A quick search on here and find this thread...go out to the car and sure enough the intake is blocked with a stupid plastic grocery bag!!!

Thanks for this info!!!

bisco and ztanos like this.
  2. mattd2472

mattd2472 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    hi all .. I have a 2006 prius and recently a boatload of issues with my car. I replaced 1 cell and bought a full new hybrid battery for $200 from a junkyard. I also replaced my aux battery. replaced all 4 coils for my plugs, and I noticed my engine has been running all the time also. I was getting 48 mpg until my 16 yr old daughter took my car for 2 days and was down to 40 mpg. Now im back to 45 mpg and the engine is still running. this vent is also there for the 2006 prius? during my break I will go look ... its on the floor in front of the back seats? I know there is a vent on the passenger side for the fan that cools the hybrid battery.

NEVERMIND upon further googling I found this link

Putting your Toyota Prius into maintenance mode

WHICH is another issue I had my other daughter last year took my car and got a flat, she had her friend throw on tires that were not the right size. because of this I have to do what that site says and bypass the slip control because of the tires not being the correct size. I will test this later and not do the bypass and see if the engine shuts off when it should.

3. Javierz0509

Javierz0509 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    This is happening to me but the fan is not block.

4. vikisonline

vikisonline Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Is there dirt on the mesh in front of the fan, under the plastic? That can cause the same kind of blockage.