1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Engine Block Heater (EBH) Group Buy: as low as $39 shipped till 8/19

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Jul 25, 2007.

1. msblsb

msblsb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    What shipping method was used to send out the EBH?

2. 1fixitman

1fixitman Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(msblsb @ Sep 7 2007, 08:47 PM) [snapback]508819[/snapback]</div>
    UPS

3. msblsb

msblsb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I am in Chicago, which is East of the Mississippi, and I still haven't gotten the unit. Is there anyway to verify where the unit is?

Regards,
    Jim G

4. n8kwx

n8kwx Member

Arlington Heights, IL - NW Chicago Suburb
    Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(msblsb @ Sep 10 2007, 11:10 PM) [snapback]510442[/snapback]</div>
    Ditto here. Chicago too.

5. msblsb

msblsb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Does anybody know what is going on with the EBH shipment? I am in Chicago and still haven't received it. Given Danny's last update, I should have had it days ago.

JG

6. msblsb

msblsb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Does anybody know what is going on with the EBH shipment? I am in Chicago and still haven't received it. Given Danny's last update, I should have had it days ago.

JG

7. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'd like to know as well. Madison, WI here.

8. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'd like to know as well. Madison, WI here.

9. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ok, sorry guys. Apparently I need to take a look at a map before I speak or learn from my Masters in Geography brother. I guess by "East of the Mississippi" I meant it more like "East of Chicago". :) Sorry about that.

The good news is that the rest of the EBHs have now moved into the shipping process. So anyone West of South Bend should have theirs via UPS within the next week or so.

Thank you for all of your patience during this group buy. Now it's time to move on to the next one - turn signal side mirror covers! Watch for it soon.

10. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ok, sorry guys. Apparently I need to take a look at a map before I speak or learn from my Masters in Geography brother. I guess by "East of the Mississippi" I meant it more like "East of Chicago". :) Sorry about that.

The good news is that the rest of the EBHs have now moved into the shipping process. So anyone West of South Bend should have theirs via UPS within the next week or so.

Thank you for all of your patience during this group buy. Now it's time to move on to the next one - turn signal side mirror covers! Watch for it soon.

11. msblsb

msblsb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Unit arrived today in Chicago. Thanks for setting this up Danny.

12. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Sep 13 2007, 12:12 PM) [snapback]511953[/snapback]</div>
    Got mine today. Excellent! Many thanks.

13. n8kwx

n8kwx Member

Arlington Heights, IL - NW Chicago Suburb
    Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(n8kwx @ Sep 10 2007, 11:19 PM) [snapback]510444[/snapback]</div>
    Got mine today! :D

14. ACORNBLUES

ACORNBLUES New Member

Yay, got mine! Now, the question is to install or not install. My 1st 5min MPG has improved from 35MPG to 75MPG after i started using my EV button...

Thanks Danny for organizing the group buy.

15. echase

echase New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ACORNBLUES @ Sep 19 2007, 05:27 PM) [snapback]514974[/snapback]</div>

Dude, this is totally off-topic, but using the EV button to getter better mileage in the first 5-minutes is totally counterproductive. You will end up using more gas to recharge the battery later in your drive than what you saved in the begining, and you will put more wear on your motor by forcing it to run under load while cold.

This kind of "usage" is probably the true reason the prius doen't have factory EV in the USA. While trying to get something for nothing, you are putting uneeded wear on your engine, lowering fuel economy, and putting high load on cold batteries.

The Prius automatically generates almost all traction from the battery while the engine warms up in a special type of idle for the first 57 seconds, as long as you accelerate gently. This allows the engine to get a proper warm-up before it is running under load.

The EV button is great fun when used sparingly to show off, and can even generate better long-tem mileage when used to account for things the car cannot anticipate (IE, running down the battery a few bars before a long hill which will regenerate the electricity) but it is almost alway counter-productive to second-guess how the car runs under normal conditions.

16. ACORNBLUES

ACORNBLUES New Member

off-topic, your post or mine? To ease your troubled mind, I am taking advantage of the fact that I live on top of a hill. I drive below 25MPH to get out of my neighborhood. Afterwhich there is a nice hill to regen 2 green cars. I also use it turn off the ICE when I'm gliding to a stop. Its happening more and more often now as the weather starts getting cold. I guess its time to add more pipe insulator to the front grill. My prius is smart, but I think I'm heck of a lot smarter. Note that I am getting 70-75MPG on my 15min commute to work compared to 55MPG w/o the EV button (custom made btw).

Sigh, to EBH or not to EBH. That is my question. Maybe I should just sell it to a fellow prius owner who needs it more. Arrr, must think this through!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Greenkeeper @ Sep 19 2007, 05:00 PM) [snapback]514986[/snapback]</div>

17. LYLUVLY

LYLUVLY New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I would like to have a EBH on your next group buy.

18. LYLUVLY

LYLUVLY New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    our email is: [email protected] and would like to get in on the next group buy.
    Is there anybody who can install this EBH, or do we ask our dealer to do it for us?
    Thanks

19. Raider

Raider New Member

Is there another group BUY on the EBH?

I want to get two maybe three for our cars. Yes, we have three in our Prius family.

Please let us know. It's going to get cold soon...

Thanks

20. wayne60014

wayne60014 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Please PM me as well if there is another EBH group buy. I would like to purchase one as well. Thanks