1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Engine Block Heater (EBH) Group Buy: as low as $39 shipped till 8/19

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    OK Count me in too. Hobbit you can practice on my car if you want. My only issue is having an outlet near the car. What do people without garages do?

2. Philmo

Philmo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SureValla @ Jul 27 2007, 07:18 PM) [snapback]486460[/snapback]</div>
    5,280 ft, mile-high, is actually above most of downtown Denver which sits in a "hole where Cherry Creek meets the South Platte River. Coors (baseball) Field, an above-ground facility where most of the seats are green, has a line of purple seats in the upper deck which indicates the infamous elevation. Look closely on this photo about 6 rows from the very top...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Coorsfield2.JPG

I'm about 35 miles southwest of downtown... and another half-mile up. Really not that uncommon given the geography of the so-called "Front Range". If you fiddle with Google Earth start with your cursor or hand over Denver, note the elevation, then move slowly west and see what happens.

Not a bad place to visit for an install. The aspens are usually in full color the third week of September ;-)

-Phil

3. Philmo

Philmo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Neicy @ Jul 28 2007, 08:43 AM) [snapback]486658[/snapback]</div>
    It was pretty common during my Minneapolis days to run an all-weather extention cord from the house or apartment to the curb, wrap it around a tree near where one parked, and access power that way. I don't know about where you live but folks usually left your rig unmolested given the necessity and Minnesota winters.

4. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's the problem I keep bringing up with plug-in conversions,
    too ... totally unsuitable for city dwellers, which is why I'd like
    to see plug-ins in the form of "stackable" modules one can take OUT
    of the car and bring inside/upstairs for charging. Without the
    communal smarts to build standardized battery-module exchange
    infrastructure as ubiquitous as gas stations today, it's the best
    we can do...
    _H*

5. robincx

robincx "Fear is the mind killer"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm in - any Western New Yorkers want to tackle a group install?

Wayne, we'd love to prepare a great meal for you!

6. Philmo

Philmo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hobbit @ Jul 28 2007, 10:13 AM) [snapback]486686[/snapback]</div>
    And, in a sense, that's another solution we had to employ in Minneapolis: using a strap and bringing in the battery overnight and setting it by the front door. Oh, how I don't miss those days. But your concern raises a good point.

7. kettledrum

kettledrum Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Danny, are you waiting until we have the 20 to send out the google checkout invoices?

I sent you a PM but have received nothing in return and don't want to be left out / lose my place in line :)

8. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  9. topkick

topkick Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Danny,

So far I have sent a couple of PM's and added to another group buy string, but have not gotten any response?? Would like to get in on the group buy.

Thanks

10. 1fixitman

1fixitman Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(topkick @ Jul 28 2007, 04:44 PM) [snapback]486782[/snapback]</div>
    To all interested,
    Danny has been busy with family in town and will post the google checkouts on Sunday pending any unforseen circumstances. So far the total is approx 38 heaters. 12 away from 50 yeah! We will really see who is interested after the google checkouts go out. I can not wait to get mine and install it. Again South East installs within driving range of Augusta, GA can be done by me.
    D Rock

11. Philmo

Philmo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(D Rock @ Jul 28 2007, 03:41 PM) [snapback]486799[/snapback]</div>
    I guess I'll need a tutorial on this. Does Google Checkouts work with PayPal? I've ordered from the store here at PriusChat in the past using a credit card. Would this be different? thanks...

12. 1fixitman

1fixitman Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(philmo @ Jul 28 2007, 06:50 PM) [snapback]486808[/snapback]</div>
    Philmo,
    Google checkout works with credit cards just fine. I purchased several items through the PC store with google and it works great. Very simple!

13. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(philmo @ Jul 28 2007, 05:50 PM) [snapback]486808[/snapback]</div>
    I'd like to use Paypal too if Google Checkouts will take it.

14. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    google checkout and Paypal are competitors offering essentially the same services. You need to sign up with google checkout just as you did with paypal.

My suggestion is just sign up with google check out, buy something from PC, then go over to buy.com and buy something...they give you $10 off most items with your first google checkout purchase there. I recently got a 13 month Xbox Live Gold card for $20 (free shipping) after a discount they were offering and a $10 off google checkout.

15. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What the hell I'll get one.

I think I can do the install myself but I think Wayne has the experience to do a better job than I could do. Wayne if your ever down near southern Ohio before it gets cold you got another install to do. :D Of course lunch is on me. You pick the place.

16. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My story: I could definitely use one (I don't want another winter with 35 MPG). However, I don't have a garage, nor an outside source for electricity. Any suggestions?

17. kettledrum

kettledrum Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(D Rock @ Jul 28 2007, 05:41 PM) [snapback]486799[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the update and peace of mind. :)

18. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm in.

PM sent.

19. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jul 28 2007, 09:22 PM) [snapback]486939[/snapback]</div>
    Extension cord out the window or tapped into an outdoor light fixture! I know it could be inconvenient to crack a window or door to run an extention cord outside, so if you have any light fixtures that you don't absolutely need to use for light, you can buy a thread in receptacle with an edison lightbulb base. Or if you need the light too, you can buy a socket extension that has outlets and accepts the bulb too, but then the light would need to be left on when using the EBH, unless you want to turn off the light out at the socket with the pull chain. Then get a two to three prong adaptor, but be sure to actually graound the grean ear or pigtail to a real ground.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ Jul 26 2007, 01:20 PM) [snapback]485650[/snapback]</div>
    Wayne, You should see the scenery in the Columbia River Gorge. I will be so happy to show you around.
    [attachmentid=10254]
    [attachmentid=10253]

Attached Files:

20. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I can see the headlines now.

Fireman Wayne tours the U.S. installing engine block heaters in a pride of Prii. "I'm doing my patriotic duty to help reduce our dependence on foreign oil." says Wayne. "And the food is pretty good too."