1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Engine Block Heater (EBH) Group Buy: as low as $39 shipped till 8/19

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Danny Hamilton

Danny Hamilton Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Aug 14 2007, 10:08 AM) [snapback]495370[/snapback]</div>
    Hey Danny,

I ordered 2 of them (one of them I seem to have gotten ordered just in time this morning *whew*).

You can ship both of mine to Wayne. He agreed to install one of them (I haven't asked about the other yet), and even if he won't install the second one, I can pick it up from him when he installs the first.

Thanks for all the work you put into getting us these deals. I hope you realize how much we all appreciate it.

2. richard123

richard123 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Aug 14 2007, 12:08 PM) [snapback]495370[/snapback]</div>

:( Darn, I too just decided after reading all the interest to place an order , but got the message, basically TO LATE.

DID ANYONE ORDER EXTRAS. Would like to be included. Danny, can you do another order if the interest is there, which I am sure it is. My email address is [email protected].

Thanks,

Richard

3. jonjonbear

jonjonbear New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(richard123 @ Aug 14 2007, 12:10 PM) [snapback]495412[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah me too!
    Had my "Chrystal Ball" told me yesterday this would end early I wouldn't have procrastinated :blink:
    I was busy at work and just figured "I'll get to it tomorrow..
    John

4. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jonjonbear @ Aug 14 2007, 01:15 PM) [snapback]495417[/snapback]</div>
    I guess that makes 3 of us that was procrastinating and waiting until the deadline.

5. tekn0wledg

tekn0wledg New Member

Rats... if there is a secondary list, or anyone has extras, I'd like to get one. I just got a Prius a few weeks ago and was on vacation until today. I guess I missed the group buy :(

6. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Aug 14 2007, 11:08 AM) [snapback]495370[/snapback]</div>
    I have no problem with my EBH being shipped to Wayne. I've heard he is planning to swing by San Diego before he heads north along the Pacific Coast.

7. mkprent

mkprent New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I, too, just learned of the special pricing for an engine block heater. Will you offer this again, please?

8. topkick

topkick Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Aug 14 2007, 11:08 AM) [snapback]495370[/snapback]</div>
    Danny I have contacted Wayne and you can ship my unit to him. I guess you have all the info you need.

Thanks, Jim

9. ranmandx

ranmandx Junior Member

Great i procrastinated way too long. I wanted one as well and kept that date in mind just had to make some room on a credit card to use online :(

10. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    For everyone who didn't get in on this group buy, we will hold a 2nd one later in the fall. We had to cut this one off simply because I need to make sure that those who got in on it early aren't going to have to wait a long time to get their EBH.

Oh, and if you are going to have yours shipped to Wayne, please PM or email me your Google Checkout Order #. Thanks!

11. jonjonbear

jonjonbear New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Aug 14 2007, 02:32 PM) [snapback]495507[/snapback]</div>

Thanks Danny,
    But what you might do in the future on these if you are going to pull the plug early, you might send out a message on the thread as some people like me who were waiting for the posted end date (and past payday) would be made aware of the early change so we could get on board..Might save on some disappointed folks :(
    I had actually subscribed to this thread so I could get back to it so I would have been able to act before the end..But still thanks for doing this..Group buys are always wonderful and great you handled this as they can be tedious to keep track of and can be a lot of work so thanks again for managing this! It sounds like this one grew bigger than you thought it would..

John

12. sbyers

sbyers New Member

Here's a great story for you ...

I tried to join PriusChat yesterday specifically to get in on this group buy. But my spam filter inexplicably delayed the confirmation email for 11+ hours.

Today I checked by email, the confirmation went through, but the group buy is closed!

I appreciate you taking the time to organize this, and of course you can do it however you like. But it does seem that closing it early has frustrated a lot of people.

Another group buy in the fall may be helpful for some, although I don't know if Wayne will want to make another trip to the west coast so soon.

13. Fibb222

Fibb222 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jonjonbear @ Aug 14 2007, 09:22 AM) [snapback]495381[/snapback]</div>
    What the ...? It's not the 19th yet. Still hoping that a Canadian could get on the deal but with shipping costs not nailed down.... and the group buy placed already, I guess not.

14. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SanDiegoSteve @ Aug 14 2007, 03:04 PM) [snapback]495546[/snapback]</div>
    Not until next year, although I was asked to come to Australia.............

Wayne

15. CinciPrius

CinciPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Aug 14 2007, 12:08 PM) [snapback]495370[/snapback]</div>
    FireEngineer - with Danny's request for bulk shipping to you, it sounds like you need to nail down locations for the bulk installs. If you're going to be doing an install within 100 miles of Cincinnati (ie Indy, Columbus, Dayton, Lexingon or Louisville), then I'll be there.

for everyone in the Cincinnati area - if you're interesting in adding turn signal DRLs, check out the Web Electric website (www.webelectricproducts.com). If you order the module, I'd be happy to help with installing it while FireEngineer's doing the EBH.

16. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Aug 14 2007, 12:32 PM) [snapback]495507[/snapback]</div>
    nooooo >.<.

Wait, did you say you would ship to Canada with that price? (or would it be easier if you shipped to Wayne??) Oh well.. I guess Fibb and I can wait (assuming he doesn't mind coming to Canada to install)

17. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SanDiegoSteve @ Aug 14 2007, 03:04 PM) [snapback]495546[/snapback]</div>
    Join the PriusClubSD. Hopefully we'll have a meeting where Wayne will install my block heater and any others that any club members bought. That way when you get yours, you'll already know how to do it. PriusclubSD

If there is anyone in San Diego who is or is not a member of the PriusclubSD but has bought an EBH and wants Wayne to install, please contact me through Priuschat PM. We'll be meeting at my parents' house in Clairemont (92111) and do the group install there. There are local restaurants (Home Town Buffet or Giovanni's Italian Restaurant) if anyone wants to eat before or after. Timing will depend on Wayne and Co.

18. Danny Hamilton

Danny Hamilton Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Danny,

Since the group buy is no longer available, you may want to remove the advertisement for it from the website header. No sense in confusing/frustrating more people.

19. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I do apologize for not being able to get everyone in the group buy that had hoped to get in, but the numbers really got out of control quickly.

Thanks to everyone who has PMed me with their Google order # so that we can ship your unit to Wayne. That helps a lot and I appreciate it. I am going to send the final list of people to Jesse for shipping tomorrow morning, so if you want yours shipped to Wayne, please PM or email me before that.

20. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Aug 16 2007, 08:54 AM) [snapback]496925[/snapback]</div>

Danny, what about us Canadians? Will you ship up here? If so, what's the cost?