1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Engine Block Heaters - who wants a discount?

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Bradlee

Bradlee New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thefortunes @ Jan 31 2007, 02:57 PM) [snapback]383389[/snapback]</div>
    No problem, I'm waiting to see if we'll go with Danny's buy or not. Hopefully I'll know by tomorrow. So stay tuned. I know its tricky but our installers have done over a dozen installs already, so it'll go quick.

Feel free to email me at [email protected] so I can give you particulars on the install.

Thanks, 'thefortunes'

Bradlee
    Milwaukee Hybrid Group

2. dzucc

dzucc New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Jan 9 2007, 10:44 AM) [snapback]373048[/snapback]</div>
    I would like to get one, whats the next step?
    David

3. 1fixitman

1fixitman Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Jan 9 2007, 12:44 PM) [snapback]373048[/snapback]</div>
    Danny,
    Did your group buy ever work out on the Engine block heater? I also want one. [email protected] how many do you have to get to make the buy. Where are you at on the list? I know it is july but I want one.
    Thank you for your time,
    D Rock

4. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(D Rock @ Jul 7 2007, 07:42 PM) [snapback]474894[/snapback]</div>
    I think it is great that D Rock bumped this tread to the top again. Lets get a group buy going now so we can install them on nice sunny days and be ready before winter. It would not be fun going out to install one in the rain. It will not be fun to clear out my garrage to install it indoors either.

5. 1fixitman

1fixitman Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoMoShocks @ Jul 8 2007, 12:30 AM) [snapback]474944[/snapback]</div>
    How many people are interested in Engine block heaters. I am effectively bumping this one up to the top. It is easier to install it when you do not have to put three layers of clothing on to go outside LOL or maybe 1 layer in Augusta, GA. :D We can figure out how many and ask Jesse how much of a discount for the group. Tell your pals in the other non mod forums to visit and we will check for interest. Current price at metroTPN is $49 plus shipping. Tell your friends that have prii.

6. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(D Rock @ Jul 11 2007, 11:08 PM) [snapback]477320[/snapback]</div>
    You tell me this after I did 4 at a group install in 0F weather.

Wayne

7. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    I'm in for one. Let me know the logistics of ordering. I've not installed anything on my Prius in months...getting restless!

Curt

8. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'd go for a group buy as well. And maybe if anyone else in the Boston area gets one, we can save a few more bucks on shipping by sending to one address, and do multiple installs at once (I'll volunteer your car so we can work out the kinks first :) )

Wayne, I am constantly reading about you doing EBH installs for people... it's not that difficult, is it? You probably have the process pretty streamlined by now though!

9. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If it's reasonable for buying & shipping to Canada (the conversion rate being so low), then I'm in also.

* Has to be cheaper than the local Toyota Dealer
    * I have to be able to install myself within a half day (never done before)

If I have to go to a garage, I might as well buy from the Dealer w/installation.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on that. I remember seeing in this forum the installation with pictures.

10. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Jul 12 2007, 10:06 AM) [snapback]477501[/snapback]</div>
    Difficulty is relative (my non-answer).

Getting the heater and plugging the cord into the heater is a 10 minute job max on a '04-'05, 15 max on a '06-'07. Routing the cord and plug through the grill take more time than the actual heater install, but not a lot.

If you get a group together I'm game to come out and do a group install, larkinmj already has asked me to come out and do his. Last time I was out that way for a EBH install I never got a chance to explore Boston. Plus I want to go back up into the White Mountains when there is no snow. Ooo...Maybe a quick jaunt up to Montreal for an install! And then a return via PA, MD and VA and pick up a few more EBH installs.

Wayne

11. 1fixitman

1fixitman Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ Jul 12 2007, 12:22 PM) [snapback]477541[/snapback]</div>
    Currently I count 5 if I am correct.
    NoMoShocks
    finman
    Ichabod
    Mark Derail - canada if the shipping is right and the conversion(have to look at that one.
    And me, D Rock.
    Get the word out. Talk to your friends that have Prii.

D Rock

12. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(D Rock @ Jul 14 2007, 08:07 AM) [snapback]478574[/snapback]</div>

Count me in on the block heater..

been waiting for a group buy..

Thanks!

13. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'll take another.

Wayne

14. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ Jul 12 2007, 12:22 PM) [snapback]477541[/snapback]</div>
    Mine is still waiting... Although the Prius is now the wife's car, but I'm sure she's still want it installed.

15. 1fixitman

1fixitman Member

Currently I count 7 if I am correct.
    NoMoShocks
    finman
    Ichabod
    Mark Derail - canada if the shipping is right and the conversion(have to look at that one.
    D Rock
    Bigmahma
    FireEngineer(the EBH install GOD)

16. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    US - Can conversion is ridiculously low, like 11%.

Question - can the EBH (same one) be installed also on the 2006 Yaris?

17. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mark Derail @ Jul 16 2007, 06:03 PM) [snapback]479887[/snapback]</div>
    Call a Toyota dealer parts counter and ask for the part number. I'm thinking it should be the same as Toyota seems to have standardized on this heater for many of their small displacement 4 and 6 cylinder engines.

Wayne

18. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hey guys - thanks to D Rock giving this thread new life, it looks like we're going to have an EBH Group Buy.

I hope to have some details on pricing and numbers by the end of the day.

19. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ok, folks. I have all of the details worked out now. Here we go:

20+ units = $49 shipped
    35+ units = $44 shipped
    50+ units = $39 shipped

All orders will need to go through PriusChat to count toward the Group Buy total. What I'd like to do is handle payment through Google Checkout (accepts all major credit cards), so if you're interested, please PM me with your email address and I'll send you a Google Checkout invoice for the $49 price point. Your credit card will be pre-authorized, and I won't charge your card until the end of the Group Buy. If the price point changes, I will issue a refund to your credit card through Google Checkout.

If anyone wants to help put together a quick bullet-point marketing blurb, I can send an email out to the whole PriusChat member population to let them know about the Group Buy. I think that will help us reach our goal faster.

Deadline on the Group Buy is going to be Sunday, August 19th. If we reach 20 buyers before August 19th I'll start shipping the EBHs and then will refund buyers appropriately if we reach any other tiers.

20. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ok, here's a quick shot at a cheesy graphic to paste up. If someone wants to suggest some actual facts for the short list of "perks," I'd be open to improving this :) e.g.:
    • Improve fuel economy in cold weather.
    • Reduce engine wear from cold starts.
    • Lengthen the life of your engine oil.
    Basically the 3 best, most attractive selling points would be nice to list, if anyone has ideas.

[attachmentid=10057]

Attached Files:

• EBH.jpg
      EBH.jpg
      File size:
      79.6 KB
      Views: