1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Engine compartment 2010 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Stan K., Apr 25, 2019.

1. Stan K.

Stan K. New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just noticed (after 9 years) that in my engine compartment there are two separate blocks of electrical connections just to the right of the fluid container (see picture attached).

One of the block of connectors appears to securely covered by a black cover, while the other one (just in front of that one) shows the individual wires going into a connector block and not covered by the same kind of plastic connector.

Is this correct? I do not have a copy of an official Prius manual showing the engine compartment and I have seen several pictures on line of engine compartments and most show no cover on the second set of wires (as mine is) but at least one seems to show a cover on both sets of wires.

Do I have a problem?

Thanks for your help

Attached Files:

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Mine's the same way.

3. Stan K.

Stan K. New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you, I can relax now, I thought that someone had removed it during maintenance or recall work.

4. Vman455

Vman455 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's the way it is on US cars for some reason; Japan and Europe got a cover on the second connector. I can't remember where I got it, but I bought one shortly after I bought my car.