1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Engine Control Unit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by John A, Apr 21, 2022.

Tags:
  1. John A

John A Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Long live my Prius hybrid 2010, Engine has a cracked head gasket. That being said, after 20k+ miles of driving and putting coolant in it, the vehicle randomly started misfiring like crazy! Its been almost 2 years now. here are the following codes P301, P303, P300, (which are all due to misfiring but it says "note control module".

Under "engine control unit 1 it says: P301 and P303.

Also a week or so ago i received a "check hybrid system" triangle. i recently- within the last year, replaced my 12v battery. anyways my key fob is on low battery but i have a U0155 code also.

I always run my vehicle in power mode now because i'm afraid the battery will get to low and the hybrid light comes on.

Much advice and help would be appreciated, thanks and yes i know i need a new car:p

@Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you don't get a new car, get a new head gasket. You've been lucky to get 20k+ miles on a failing one, and still have only misfires and not poky bits sticking out of your engine block.

Doesn't matter whether you drive in power, normal, or eco mode, they will remap your accelerator pedal response a bit but they do not change how the battery is managed or when your hybrid light comes on.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. John A

John A Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yeah, i been trying to last until the tesla cyber truck is out. my have to order a model 3. new vehicles cost way to much right now!