1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Engine coolant drain - electrical connector

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by AmericanIdiot, Apr 25, 2024.

1. AmericanIdiot

AmericanIdiot Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had a quick technical question on doing the engine coolant change.

The PDF "How to Replace Your Gen II Prius Engine Coolant" says to disconnect the electrical connection right next to the drain cock by the coolant heat storage water pump.

[​IMG]

However, in the Bentley manual for the same procedure, it says to unplug the connector that is on the heat coolant storage tank.
    [​IMG]

What is the difference between the two plugs?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    The one you have circled is actually the temp sensor for the coolant heat storage tank The other connection which is right on the back of the pump which is on the other side of the tank which you can't see here is the pumps electrical connector I've never undone either just changing the coolant not saying that you don't have to or that you couldn't but we have not and I don't think we've had any trouble getting the cooling out or back in none of the troubles that people describe here anyway We haven't needed any vacuum filled devices or special ways to put the coolant in or none of that.