1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Engine failed to start, replaced MAF, now says Fuel Run Out

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by montiebroo, Aug 16, 2019.

1. montiebroo

montiebroo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So i am getting the 533 code. The workup says to look for trouble codes and go down that route. So should i now try to fix the “fuel run out” trouble code?

2. montiebroo

montiebroo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I found the p0A0f code is 533.
    Also.... i just disconected the 12v for 45 ish minutes and now the gas gauge also says empty

3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If there is actually fuel in the car, it can take up to a day to detect it

Raytheeagle likes this.
  4. montiebroo

montiebroo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welp.......

It was just.....

Out of gas....

I put 3-4 gallons in it and it started right up. I hadnt tried before because the gauge said i had more than a half a tank and i had only gone 150 miles since last fill up according to the trip display. But my combo meter is on the fritz so maybe that caused it? Either way, yay i can drive it again.
    Thanks for all the help even though it turned out to be something simple.

SFO, Mendel Leisk and Skibob like this.
  5. Marty2go

Marty2go Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I'm Only replying because the search engine is not picking up the workup for these P codes. P3190 P3191 P3193

6. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sometimes the great firewall of China gets in the way, or it could be a server issue somewhere. Hard to say.

EDIT : Just tried the above link(s), and this time I had to add an exception (not a permanent one) for an unsecure link/server, which is something I've never had to do before. Could be that a server needs an updated certificate.

I've never used the following link, but it should contain everything you need : Service Manuals - Google Drive

Would be great if someone could extract the manuals from the Gdrive and back them up on http://mega.nz/ as well.

#26 SFO, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  7. futbol9

futbol9 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Hello I have a 2009 touring prius that I took to toyota for oil change. When I got car back engine light was on. They took it back in to reset it but when they came out the hybrid battery light was on. Technician told me I could drive it like that but the hybrid battery was not going to work. They took it back inside and they replace mass air flow sensor but this time car would not start. They said sensor was good. However, They said there was a problem with the harness where mass flow sensor its connected cause everything they would mess with harness it will pull up different codes and mess up the car?? Car was not starting at some point so they reseted car again and car it's been runnimg smooth like always. Guy said its probably electrical problem.

8. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    How much did they charge you for all this guess work? You might have a weak/failing 12v battery, did they check that?