1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, look at all the money you saved :_>

*Always* check the oil level yourself before driving away from *every* oil change.

2. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Quite frankly, I have no doubt that Canadian Tire managed to leave the car powered on, and in fact up on the hoist, it DID start up. Although I'll buy some items at Canadian Tire, there is no way in hell I'd trust them to actually work on a car.

Here in Canada, they have a very poor reputation, at one time they were famous for finding all sorts of things wrong with the car. Various hidden camera news investigations, primarily CBC's Marketplace, uncovered some real horror stories. Apparently, their "mechanics" are now flat rate with no commission

I had a company pickup lock up a caliper back in the late 1980's. Stopped at a Canadian Tire in a small town in NW Ontario, it was after closing at a local dealership, and I didn't want to spend the night in that place

CT was still open, explained the situation, and this so-called "master mechanic" brushed off the difficulty of the job. True to his word, he had the job done in under 30 minutes.

I drove away, at the first stop sign, pressed on the brakes: CLANK clink clink clink clink scrape scrape scrape scrape scrape

The doofus put the caliper key in BACKWARDS, so first hard application of the brake, the entire caliper popped out and rubbed on the inside of the wheel. I just about ripped his arms off when I scraped back to CT.

They didn't have any parts, so I was stuck spending the night there anyway. Next morning, at the dealership, they took one look at the "expert job" that fool had done, and laughed until they peed themselves

I'm sure Canadian Tire would love to sue me over sad little tales like that. Go ahead, I have kept all the paperwork, including the SNOTTY and RUDE reply from their corporate office to the letter sent, demanding reimbursement for the motel.

So if they want to sue me, go right ahead. I'll post that SNOTTY and RUDE letter on a public forum for all to view