1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Engine misses on cold start

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cpfans4, Aug 13, 2012.

1. cpfans4

cpfans4 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Has anyone had a priusc miss and tick after a cold start. About a week ago I started my c the electric motor engaged and when the ice started up for warmup the engine jogged back and forth repeatedly and ticked quiet loud. Ther was also a noise sounding like a fan hitting something. I turned off the engine started it back up and nothing was wrong. Took it to the dealer and of course they couldn't find anything. Anyone have similar issues?

2. mremaximus

mremaximus "I can't wait to start hammering people" Bubbles

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    One time my C made an odd noise when ICE started, not sure what it was. It seems my ICE starts when I put it in gear most of the time even if I wait for the ICE to start and warm up, but bam as soon as I put it in drive it does and not always the smoothest.

3. vindicator

vindicator Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, I've had one rough start with the ICE. Happened after it got down to the low 40"s for the first time overnight(picked the car in July). Didn't clear till I put it in gear.