1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

engine mount help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by statultra, Dec 2, 2007.

1. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    im asking the assistance of this forum to help with my engine mounts, some of you know i have rebuilt a 2005 toyota prius, and this rumbling noise during braking and acceleration isnt going away
    heres what i done so far:
    replaced struts
    replaced driveshaft
    replaced brake pads and rotors

this leaves me to believe the problem lies in the engine mount located on the passenger side that is in very close proximity to the windshield washer fluid tank.

i would like to see a picture of the engine mount ( no diagram ), especially the area where the mount bolts onto the frame, and the part where the engine bolts on to. I need this because i believe the clearances between the mount and engine look considerably close on my car. pictures would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

2. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    For a mere $10 you can get that from the Toyota techinfo site. You will have access to the full shop manuals. You can even download them.