1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Engine oil brand name

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Vanne, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Vanne

Vanne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks you uart I'm really clear with your explanation and you also clear with my question anyways the steering wheel a bit tight if I compare to my friend car ( Prius 2007) and I notice that when I turn to the left side which used 2 round of steering wheel my wheel not smooth and it turn as wavy , it that a problem or it just normal if we used all round of steering wheel , sorry I really don't know about this

2. ktyler2

ktyler2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Are you still following this schedule? Also, would you mind sharing what filter(s) you use? I drive 450 miles/week, mostly highway, and would like to go 7,500 between changes on my 2009.

Thanks in advance!!

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am still following the 7.5K mile schedule and use the correct Toyota-branded oil filter. I buy my filters in a box of 10, from AutoNation Toyota Gulf Freeway, Houston, TX.

That change schedule would work well for you. Just make sure to check the engine oil level at least at every other refueling, so that you are aware of any changes in engine oil consumption and can add oil on a timely basis. The difference in engine oil level between the two dipstick dimples is 1.6 US quarts.