1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Engine Pinging/Knocking at Low Hybrid Battery Level

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Jeremy Kim, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Jeremy Kim

Jeremy Kim Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Recently I started to hear engine pinging/knocking-like noise when the hybrid battery level becomes low like two bars and the car starts a charge cycle. I also hear it occasionally when I accelerate on uphill. Is this normal or should I take it to a mechanic?

2. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Jeremy Kim

Jeremy Kim Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  4. ratanakly

ratanakly New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hello, did you eliminate that knocking sound? I am having the same knocking sound when my prius 2010 was trying to charge the hybrid battery (low at two bar) and stepping slightly on gas engine. I have replaced the sparkplug, coil, and cleaned intake manifold, egr system (including cooler) but it's still having the knocking sound. TQ

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

5. ratanakly

ratanakly New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hello, did you eliminate that knocking sound? I am having the same knocking sound when my prius 2010 was trying to charge the hybrid battery (low at two bar) and stepping slightly on gas engine. I have replaced the sparkplug, coil, and cleaned intake manifold, egr system (including cooler) but it's still having the knocking sound. TQ

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.