1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Engine Replacement & Fuel Injector

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by JJGriffith, Aug 16, 2022.

1. JJGriffith

JJGriffith New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    When I have my engine swapped (2011, high mileage), is it necessary to replace or clean the fuel injectors? Is this an inexpensive job when the engine is being swapped or is it still as labor intensive as when the engine is not being taken out? Thanks!

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    You can buy little tools on Amazon that will activate your fuel injectors so you can squirt fuel injector cleaner through them and clean up the pattern and all of that kind of nonsense or you can pay your mechanic while he has your engine out he can just take your fuel injectors clean them and put them in I guess the used motor or you could just drop in the used motor and hope for the best with the injectors that are there it's a JDM motor the plugs may be different I can't remember the issue we didn't use the injectors that came with my JDM engine we use the ones that were in my 2013 US spec persona but the rest of the engine was a Japan domestic market set up.

JJGriffith likes this.