1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Engine/Tranny Bump Stop?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jim_Andersen, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Jim_Andersen

Jim_Andersen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The part shown in the linked image either fell or got busted off when working to replace the right side front axle of my '04 Prius. Its mounting bolt appears to still be properly attached to the car's framework. How critical is it that I replace the bump stop, and where might I find one if not at my local dealer? Would a new bump stop simply screw onto the current mounting bolt? And what exactly is this bump stop called? Thank you! IMG_20200625_175103~2.jpg

2. flypriguy

flypriguy Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    What a coincidence! I just found one of these loose in the middle of some part just behind one of the engine mounts behind the oil filter. It wasn't even attached, it just seems to have fallen there and didn't bounce out due to its weight. I'm curious too. Whatever it is, it seems to have absolutely no impact anything. Of course, the roads down here in the South are excellent with few, if any, potholes, so if it's some sort of suspension related bumpstop, I haven't "triggered" it.