1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Enginer Kit for Mega city traffic (Bangkok)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by fairladyz_gt-r, Mar 2, 2012.

1. fairladyz_gt-r

fairladyz_gt-r New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have done alot of reading up on all the plug-in Hybrid kit. and I think picc seems to be rated very highly. However they don't have dealer/after sale service in Thailand so they are out of the question. We only have Enginer.

I got a couple question about the kit to see if I can rip maximum benefit or not.

I live about 20miles away from the finacial district. My commute will consist of 12miles of 75~90mph (we don't have speedlimit) dash and then bumper to bumper craw for about 1hour for the last 8miles.

I am thinking that enginer kit will be perfect for me, since I can go full EV for majority (the 1hour sitting in traffic with A/C and Morning news on) of my communte. The other part will make no difference anyway since I have yet to see a kit that can allow me to do EV above 70mph (a speed that I will get run off the road).

So as far as I see it, Enginer should be a good fit for me?:confused:

If I am mistaken please correct me.

2. movingforward

movingforward Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Enginer's kit appears to be the least invasive and simple setup out there in the market. It only adds juice through the existing NiMH battery and also run in parallel (I'm not 100% but based on their faq) so based on your description it sounds like a great kit for your needs. With a car like the Prius, performance was never on my must have mod list but extending a range to 100MPG is fantastic!

1 person likes this.