1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Enginer kit question

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by FirstFlight, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Octane

Octane Proud Member of 100 MPG Club

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    While, in general, the analysis is meaningful. However, not in the context of the current system. It simply has too much downtime and too many stability issues to plug it into an excel spreadsheet. Its performance is brilliant at times and disappointing at other times. There's too much randomness to even begin to calculate payback. It's not stable enough to even consider its contribution towards a payback.

2. Flaninacupboard

Flaninacupboard Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    For me calculating payback is dead simple. i have 14k of data before the kit, which said my average MPG was 64.0. Afterward, it is averaging today 79.2mpg. There's been uptime, downtime, awesome time and bloody annoying time. result, 79.2mpg. easy.

3. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Great thread! I really wish it did pay off. Im still considering it just on principal. If we could rid our dependence on the Middle East all of our lives would be much better.