1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Enginer PHEV Conversion.

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by vinny1575, Apr 13, 2013.

1. vinny1575

vinny1575 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been talking to the sales department at Enginer. They sent me pics of a 4kwh kit installed in a Prius C and said they have installed quite a few of them. Has anyone done this yet?

Attached Files:

2. vinny1575

vinny1575 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
  3. vinny1575

vinny1575 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm somewhat surprised that nobody is interested in this. The Prius C is a great candidate for an Enginer pack.

TheyCmeNow likes this.
  4. lopezjm2001

lopezjm2001 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Last I heard was that Enginer went out of business = no warranty.

Boodmaster likes this.
  5. vinny1575

vinny1575 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    They are telling me a competitor spread that rumor.

6. lopezjm2001

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I have read a few posts in the Enginer forum stating that they could no longer get any service as Enginer had gone out of business. Unfortunately you have to be an Enginer user to get access to the Users section of the forum. It is more than just a rumour. Unless you can get a direct response from Jack Chenny by Email that Enginer is back in business I would not buy one.

7. vinny1575

vinny1575 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmmm. I got an email back after contacting then on there website plus the nissan leaf packs have been installed pretty recently. When I asked about them being out of business I got this reply.

"Alan,

Thank you for informing us of this rumor.

I believe that was a rumor started and perpetuated by a specific competitor.

On Monday, our business lawyer will send a cease and desist letter to the company and individual, prior to taking legal action.

For the record, on February 15, 2013 the company was acquired and is as well as was a fully functioning company, albeit reduced in capacity and largely catering to the DIY trade.

Since the acquisition of the company, we have quadrupled sales and added 3 new products to the existing product line and two additional systems.

We are now implementing our "Continuous Improvement Program" this includes, Company, Policy,Engineering,Purchasing, Products, Distributors, Installation and Marketing and Sales.

Enginer Brand is located in Detroit, Michigan the birthplace of the Electric Vehicle and Automobile Manufacturing, Research and Development of every major automotive brand in world has a R & D location within 25 miles of our facility. Enginer Brand products are transitioning to SAE standards, in conjunction with the automobile manufacturers procedures.

Our president has over 25 years experience in automobile manufacturing and holds 20 patents. Our new staff average 20 years or more of automotive manufacturing experience. "

8. lopezjm2001

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Strange. I have sent an email to Enginer service asking them to verify this. See what their response is. Will they still provide warranty to existing Enginer customers after having acquired Jack's business?

9. vinny1575

vinny1575 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
  10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    caution is the key word here. you realize enginer has never been plug n play in the past? i would want to talk to some of these 'installed quite a few of them' current users and find out how things went together and how it is working.

11. lopezjm2001

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    You only have to a "Enginer" search on this forum. You would be pushing it to find one positive comment about Enginer. But they do appear to have improved over time.

12. vinny1575

vinny1575 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree. I have no idea, but it does seem legit. I usually have a pretty good scamdar. I scheduled a call with them today.

I don't think he is saying it is plug and play. The directions he sent me still seemed pretty involved. But enginer has always been easier than the other systems that allow full ev mode at higher speeds.

13. vinny1575

vinny1575 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    The pictures atleast tell me that someone put some good effort into this scam (if it is one). They are attached to my first post.

14. lopezjm2001

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    You may want to ask one of the many Enginer Installers for an opinion. They are listed here Installers Prius Plugin PHEV Conversion Kit with Lithium-Ion | Hybrid Plug In
    In the meantime I am waiting for a response from Enginer service after just opening a new warranty ticket.
    There is also no mention in the Enginer Users forum or the Enginer Installers forum that Enginer is back in business at this time.

15. vinny1575

vinny1575 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I spoke to someone at econtronics and he said that enginer did go out of business and was purchased by another group. He told me that they are legit and that the installs still happen on a regular basis.

When I hear back from some others I will update you on what they say. I encourage others to research as well.

16. boppo

boppo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I would b holding on my cash and take a long wait see how this pans out.

17. Netineti

Netineti Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Same. Allowing EV mode for higher speeds would be sweet.

Boodmaster likes this.
  18. vinny1575

vinny1575 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    As with any purchase I would advise everyone to do your due diligence.

19. goitalone

goitalone Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I called and someone named Dimitri who had a northeastern accent answered the phone.

Said they have several new products (very expensive ones) which from what I understood were not by Enginer which I just read recently had been acquired by another entity.

Anyway, he sent me a proposal/quote/pic for the Enginer kits (see attachments below)

And this email:

Charlie

The biggest cost is the battery pack, and I obtain them at a discount I pass on to the client.

The Enginer Brand ROI is three fold Win, Win, Win plus the Bonus Win

Win 1, 30% Tax deduction, 12 months sales as cash.

Win 2, Monthly reduction in consuming fossil fuel by using the electric mode

Win 3. If you ever sell the vehicle, you retain between 75 to 90% of the value of the entire equipment.

Bonus Win 4 Income Generator:

Using your car and experience as the demo unit to potential clients:

If you sell and or install the equipment in a Prius in your area, you receive a commission on the sale and installation fee for the labor. One year of sales averaging 1 sale per month, 12 sales per year the entire cost is paid for by the sales and installs.

In sum total, you cannot lose purchasing and using this equipment to the fullest of its WIN, Win, Win, Bonus Win strategy.

Dimitrios

Attached Files:

20. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    looks like the same stuff. buyer beware!:eek: