1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Enjoy posting news or identifying great PriusChat threads? I need your help!

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Danny, Nov 2, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    In an effort to rebuild our front page to be a bit more like a news portal like it once was instead of the base listing of forums, we have this great add-on called Featured Threads. The problem is that the formatting of the threads being featured is not always the most desirable (no photos, text that needs a little tweaking to be on the front page, etc), and the system is currently only set to auto-feature threads from the news forum. There's a TON of other great content on PriusChat that should be featured for the world to see.

I'm looking for a little bit of assistance in getting the Featured Threads portal up and running in a way befitting the front page of PriusChat. This will entail the following opportunities (looking for people who want to do all, some, or just one of them):
    • Posting news in the news forum. This is the place for posting news about hybrids, plug-ins, EVs, and other alt-fuel transportation.
    • Molding those news threads to be front-page friendly (adding a photo, writing an intro byline or paragraph if needed, etc). These changes are made within the featured threads add-on and do not change or edit the actual thread being featured.
    • Identifying threads throughout the forums that should be featured, and making any necessary changes as listed above for the news threads.
    Please respond to this thread or send me a conversation and I'll be happy to talk to you about the opportunity to help make PriusChat an even better community.